Channels not updated after repack

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Markinsac

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channels not updated after repack

Post by Markinsac » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:59 am

Most of the channels that changed updated in EPG123. Two channels, which I don't use for recording often, did not.

One moved RF from 40 to 22, the other from 46 to 23. EPG123 still shows the old RF frequencies. My HDHomeRun will allow me to see the channels using its own viewing app.

Does this need to be reported to Schedules Direct, or am I not doing something right at the local level? I've tried refreshing the right column in Setup.

Thanks

Mark
Sacramento, CA

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 am

EPG123 and Schedules Direct don't do anything with your tuner frequencies. What EPG123 is showing you is what the frequencies in WMC are for those channels, so what we need to do is fix WMC.

The easiest thing, in my opinion, is in WMC go to settings->TV->TV Signal->Scan for More Channels, click the [Delete All] button and then the [Scan again] button. Wait for it to complete and after you click the [Finish] button, all your channel frequencies will be up to date. Open the EPG123 Client, select your OTA lineup on the right side and click the Match by: [# Number] button to make sure the listings are mapped correctly and will disable any stations you do not download.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Markinsac

Post by Markinsac » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 am

I did as recommended. One of the channel groups has 23.1+46.1 now. Tried scanning for my HDHomeRun, then ran your process again. Those two channels in that group still has two channels. The other channel group is resolved.

Gripweed

Post by Gripweed » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:58 pm

I would just wait it out for right now. Repack 10 isn't officially supposed to end until July 3rd. I'm having a problem myself. It appears that the station hasn't made the move yet. The worst part is that it is moving from 13 to 12, both of which must be manually added to WMC.
I had another station move today and half the websites such as TV Fool, Antenna Web, etc. had the wrong move channel listed. Even the FCC.gov site had it wrong. The only reason I knew the right channel this time was that I wrote the engineer at the station months ago when the change that was supposed to happen during Repack 9 didn't occur. He told me what the correct channel would be.

Gripweed

Post by Gripweed » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 pm

I just found out from this forum https://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local ... reception/ that the station that hasn't moved yet will be moving tomorrow at 9am. Maybe you can find information about your station there.

Markinsac

Post by Markinsac » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 pm

All of the stations here have already transitioned. We were in phase 9. All the other stations have updated - this is the only one showing two channels.

Fortunately, I don't record shows on that channel frequently.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:10 am

I can duplicate that behavior, but there are certain conditions that must exist to do so. Fortunately/Unfortunately, the mountain that my local transmit towers are on happens to be on fire right now and the broadcasters duplicated those transmissions on other local towers. I am currently getting the same channel from 2 different towers on 2 different frequencies. That being said, the only way I could get WMC to merge the channels is when I do the [Scan again] without doing the [Delete All]. WMC will recognize that the channels have the same virtual channel numbers and station ID and will automatically merge them.

So 2 points here. Is it possible that the "old" transmission frequency is still active? Did you perform a [Scan again] without doing a [Delete All]?

On another note, you can edit the channels and split the old frequencies out and then delete those in the client to make everything right.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Markinsac

Post by Markinsac » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:57 am

The old frequencies are no longer active. They all did a clean switch at the end of April.

I ended up using the split option. I can see the channel live when selecting. Have not tried recording a show yet on that channel, but will try soon.

Thanks for the help.