EPG123 channels do not match

Tigerbaby

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Tigerbaby » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi Gary,
I have done the following test today.
The WMC was preconfigured with HD channels from the ASTRA 19.2 satellite and the Microsoft EPG.
The Microsoft EPG did not work, it is switched off or no longer accessible. Then I installed the latest version (v1.3.6.20) of EPG123 (client and server) and started the client component.
1. In hard work I assigned the channel listing '-1' from on the right side to the management channel on the left side.
2. Now I have started the server program, entered the login to 'Schedules Direct' and set the 'Automatically match...' / 'Automatch' feature and manually map the channels to off.
3. I pressed 'Save & Execute
4. Now I have done a reboot of the system and started the WMC.

The result was positive, all channels were logoed and the EPG was complete. But in the lower right corner the EPG logo with today's date appeared, unfortunately the logo was not in green but in yellow.
How the situation will be tomorrow I can report. I can also make screen shots if desired.

It is much more comfortable if you could do the 'Clean Start' with the right HD transponders, then everything would be configured correctly.

- Claudia

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:46 pm

Tigerbaby wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:47 pmIt is much more comfortable if you could do the 'Clean Start' with the right HD transponders, then everything would be configured correctly.
That is my intent. I am building a file with updated transponder lists for all current satellites to import at the end of Step 1 - Clean Start. Then when the user performs a TV Setup, all transponders, to include the HD ones, will be included in the Full Satellite Scan. The problem is, I don't have a method to test this out and will need assistance from the community.

I will just be including the transponders, not the actual channels. In theory, when performing a setup, WMC will look at the system's timezone and provide a list of satellites that will be above the horizon from their location. The user will be able to select from that list and a Full Satellite Scan will bring all the channels into the database. Note that ALL transponders will be scanned regardless of whether the users location is within the beams footprint or not. I'm not going to try and keep up with that. Initial scans may take a while... some satellites have over 100 transponders.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:05 am

I am available for tests in Germany, I have access to a test system outside my home. I am still allowed to leave the apartment, but in these times you never know if the government will impose a total curfew.

I'm looking forward to testing the new version when the program is ready.

Stay save
- Claudia

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:53 am

I actually finished it up a few hours ago. You can download the modified client here. You will need to perform a 'Client Setup' and at the end of step one it will import/update the satellite transponders. The updated list contains 162 satellites with a combined total of 6938 transponders (covering C, Ku, and Ka bands).

Hopefully, when you perform a TV Setup, it will present a list of all visible satellites to choose from.

Thank you!
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:03 pm

This afternoon I had some time to test the new client version (epg123Client_satellites).
First I did a clean install according to the instructions and didn't receive any channels. Many satellites were found, I chose the satellite Astra 19.2E.
Then I did a complete channel scan, also triggered by a Clean Install, the system found the satellite Astra 19.2E. Again, no channel was found.
epg123Client_satellites (1).JPG
epg123Client_satellites (1)
epg123Client_satellites (2).JPG
epg123Client_satellites (2)
Finally I loaded the configuration again via the "Channel Sorter for WMC" without the Microsoft EPG. The channels are received, but first without EPG. Then I started and configured the EPG123 client (epg123Client_satellites) as described above.
epg123Client_satellites (3).JPG
epg123Client_satellites (3)

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:05 pm

The server component of EPG123 was also started and the WMC has a current EPG again.

epg123Client_satellites (4).JPG

I noticed that some station logos are difficult to see when the logo color is black, this is due to the dark blue background of the WMC.
But when WMC is started, the 'WMC Start Menu Status Logo' is yellow and not green.

epg123Client_satellites (5).jpg

Tomorrow I can do more tests again.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Okay. It looks like just providing the transponder information was not enough. I will work on another version to include regions and footprints. I was hoping to avoid that. I'll let you know when I have another version to try out.

Thank you for your help with this.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Question: When you did the TV Setup, how many satellites were listed? I just want to make sure I interpreted the WMC code correctly and you got a reduced set (not the entire 162 satellites I programmed).
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 pm

garyan2 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:44 pm Question: When you did the TV Setup, how many satellites were listed? I just want to make sure I interpreted the WMC code correctly and you got a reduced set (not the entire 162 satellites I programmed).
I will answer the question tomorrow when I have access to the test system again.

Good night :D
Claudia

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:57 am

I've built a new version to include a region (based on the country used last time WMC was setup on the computer) and footprints (satellites within approximately +/- 90 degrees latitude). I am determining what satellites to include based on the system's time zone... should be more than good enough.

Please try this version of the client. Thank you.
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:41 am

I ran two tests today.

1. First, I started the first client version of the program again and performed a clean install. Then I counted the number of satellites, it was 99 satellites.

2. At the second test I took the new client version (satellites within approximately +/- 90 degrees latitude), also here I see 99 satellites. Unfortunately the program does not find any channels!

Over the weekend I can't do any tests, because the test lab is at a different location.

Best regards
Claudia

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Thank you for the satellite count, that is good to verify my understanding of how WMC picks satellites and verify my version of that works as well.

My transponder update to WMC is only transponders. I have no channel updates as part of that. I believe that when doing a TV Setup, in this situation, it will initially result in 0 channels. You will have to do a 'Satellite Transponder Scan' and select the 'Full satellite scan'.

Did you do a 'Full satellite scan' for the 2 tests?
fullSatScan.PNG
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:35 am

I don't a 'Full satellite scan' for the 2. test?
I can try it on next monday ;)

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Yes. It appears that a "Full Satellite Scan" will be necessary. Hopefully it will work on the first test file, but if not, it should work on the second.
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi, with the first test version the "Full Satellite Scan" did not work on April 02.

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:42 pm

Unfortunately the "Full Satellite Scan" search didn't find any stations in version 2 also.

Tomorrow I will reset the WMC with an image and try to restore the basic configuration with the official version of EPG123.

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:47 am

Meanwhile I have reset the WMC and installed the last official version of EPG123. After that I performed "Clean Install", I was starting the "Full Satellite Scan" and the channels were found, but with the known error that the received channels do not match the channel list.
Another "Full Satellite Scan" with EPG123 Client V2 unfortunately finds no stations.