1 Minute delay on first accessing Live TV

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
smbunn

HTPC Specs: Show details

1 Minute delay on first accessing Live TV

Post by smbunn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:35 pm

I have been running MCE under Windows 10 using the various WMC releases and DLL patches to keep it going. About a month ago I noted that when I first use MCE and choose any channel, it switches to Live Tv and displays the channel name and show data, but then the screen just shows the blue moving background for what I am sure is exactly one minute before the live TV starts. If after this point I change channel it changes instantly. It is just this one minute delay the very first time I start Live TV. I tried removing and re-installing MCE. I tried with Kodi and it has zero delay on Live TV.

Anyone seen this before? I thought it might be some sort of network issue, you know MCE trying to call home or download program guide data and timing out.

Simon

smbunn

Post by smbunn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Just had a thought....is this PlayReady getting in the way. I will try uninstalling it.

smbunn

Post by smbunn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Yes, it was PlayReady. As soon as I uninstalled it, I was back to instant TV access. What does PlayReady actually do, and what have I lost by uninstalling it?

scott750

Post by scott750 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:21 am

Thanks for posting your solution. My WMC under Win10 has that slight delay as well. I'll check to see if I have Play Ready to remove.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:09 pm

PlayReady is used for Digital Rights Management. Unless you have copy protected media, you won't miss it.

I had a similar delay and found that resetting the playready global data store fixed the problem for me. I created a tool/add-on called reset_playready to do it for you.

People who actually use PlayReady shouldn't use that though.