Bad channel metadata? How to fix

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
DavePeaseinMA

HTPC Specs: Show details

Bad channel metadata? How to fix

Post by DavePeaseinMA » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:11 pm

The schedule is working except for WYCN, NBC in Boston on Charter Spectrum which has "No data available" in the WMC schedule.
In the EGB123 client, on the left, the call sign, number and service name look correct.
In the line up Services column, under the "Spectrum Pepperell Digital" line up, the same call sign, number and service name are the same. In the lineup called "EPG123 Charter Spectrum - Digital (Pepperell)", the 777 channel does not appear.
In the EPG123 configuration v1.3.4 application, the "Charter Spectrum - Digital (Pepperell)" is the lineup name and channel 777 has "WBTSCD 777 91446 WBTSCD (WBTS-CD)" as and entry which is a previous call letter designation for the channel.
When I go the Charter website, their lineup information is correct for WYCN, channel 777.
If significant, the "Custom Labels" text after "Guide Channels With" has a red background.

At this point, I'm lost. I don't understand the relationship between the Guide Channels list, the lineup services, and the list in the configuration app.
What's wrong and can I do anything about it?

Thanks.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:33 pm

The guide listings are there, I just downloaded that station and verified. Click the [View Log] button to see if there was a problem with that station when you created the mxf file.

The lineups/stations in the configuration GUI are just selecting the guide listings you want to download. It has no impact on the channels within WMC or anything like that. Based on those selections, that is what you will see in the client on the right side.

The right side of the client (lineup services) shows all the guide listings that are available within the WMC database that you could use in the guide on any channel you choose.

The left side of the client is showing all the channels you can tune to. It also shows what guide listings from the right are being displayed, any custom call sign or number, what tuners are used and what frequencies/channels/subchannels/streams.... All around a lot of information in a little space.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DavePeaseinMA

Post by DavePeaseinMA » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:44 am

HI Gary,
I have "No data available" for the WYCN boston. In the Client Guide Tool, on the right Lineup: drop down list I find "Specturn Pepperell Digital" which has the correct station ID for WYCN, 777. If I do a Refresh Lineups, I get "EPG123 Charter Spectrum - Digital (Pepperell)" which has WBTSCD instead of WYCN.
This is the channel that has "No Data Available" in WMC.
Where does the "EPG123 Charter Spectrum - Digital (Pepperell)" come from, why does it have the wrong old station ID, is it the cause of the No Data and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Dave

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:09 pm

The lineups that start with EPG123 are what is being downloaded from Schedules Direct. The fact that you see "Spectrum Pepperell Digital" means you forgot to deny the Program Guide Terms of Service during Step 2, but that may not be related to this. In the 'Subscribed Lineup' column for that channel, does it say 'Spectrum Pepperell Digital" or "EPG123 Spectrum - Digital (Pepperell)"? Don't worry about the call sign for right now.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DavePeaseinMA

Post by DavePeaseinMA » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:37 am

Hi Gary,
I says "EPG123 Charter Spectrum - Digital (Pepperell)".
I have the WYCN 777 channel filled with content now. I didn't change anything, so let's hope it sticks.

Thanks,
Dave