Which guide to pick

Rickt1962

HTPC Specs: Show details

Which guide to pick

Post by Rickt1962 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Microsoft is Ending Windows 7 support January 14th which one is better and why ? EPG123 or HDprime DVR I use Windows 7 media center for recording to MCEbuddy to a server and Raspberry's with KODI on all TV's EPG costs $25.00 a year and HD wants $35 so why pay $ 10 more and why ?
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners using Comcast scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

RedWMC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by RedWMC » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:20 pm

EPG123 is probably your least path of resistance. Looks like the majority of people that are active on the forums are using that.

There is a poll on the board about what people are going to.
viewtopic.php?t=12565
viewtopic.php?t=12341

You can still use MCeBuddy with other applications. I personally made the hard decision to switch to plex. It’s very different and I miss a lot about WMC but in my circumstances it made the most sense. There are some nice things about Plex that I am enjoying but I’d say overall more things I miss about WMC.

If you don’t worry run anything else on your Windows 7 system other than WMC and MCEBuddy And your environment doesn’t need to change, and you aren’t concerned about lack of Windows security updates, then I’d stick with WMC and EPG123.