Slow playback on wireless TV

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
dojo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Slow playback on wireless TV

Post by dojo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:09 am

I will tape a tv show on wmc , and when I play it back on the wireless tv, it will stop on the tv, but still run on the compute for a few minutes, then tv catches up and play , missed a few minutes on tv,

Any suggestions

Thanks John

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Your post contains no useful information.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 pm

I am sorry Sir.. was not trying to be rude, I am not as smart as anybody on here, that is why I was seeking an answer

I was having a problem and was wondering if any body ever had that problem, WMC is set up and working great, went wireless to the tv so I can play tapped shows there, tv stops show like on pause then a few minutes it takes off again showing the tapped show, except it will miss a few minutes of the show that was tapped on WMC .

I am sorry for taking up the sites time for this problem

have a good day

John

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Scallica this board helped me a few years ago to get WMC, and I donated to each person that helped that requested it, I felt it was well worth it, and appreciated their help. There are some real smart people on here.....

I am sorry I ask questions from time to time to keep WMC running well.

I will stop bothering the board with my silly questions

Be safe and have a great day

Old John

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Scallica isn't trying to shut you down, John. He correctly points out that you aren't giving us much to work with. Just a few questions to get started...

You mention 'recorded TV'...

- HD recordings?

You mention 'play it back on the wireless tv'.

- How fast is your wireless connection?
- Is this a SMART TV?
- With its own internal player?
- Can it successfully play other video files wirelessly?

It could be an issue of insufficient wireless bandwidth. It could also be that the TV player has an issue with .wtv recordings. Or it could be something else. The 'devil is in the details'.

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Scallica isn't trying to shut you down, John. He correctly points out that you aren't giving us much to work with. Just a few questions to get started.=========..I AM SORRY FOR TAKING IT THE WRONG WAY, FORGIVE ME..

You mention 'recorded TV'... ===RECORDED SHOWS FROM WMC that I wanted to play back to see how my new installed wireless to tv ((instead of cables & wires ) Worked,

- HD recordings? SORRY NOT SURE, WHAT EVER THE WMC recorded or tapped from live tv the night before

You mention 'play it back on the wireless tv'. ==yes Sir, in old home we had wires and cables under the floor to tv to play back recorded tv showes from WMC, we wanted wireless, the new computer i have did not accept miracast, so i went to the dealer i got the computer from and he added what was needed to make it accept miracast, now i can stream from computer OR tapped shoes from WMC to the TV with the Scream Beam Mini, I have to admit I think sometimes when we steam a show from the internet to computer and play on tv, the tv sometimes stops the show for a few minutes then resumes,

- How fast is your wireless connection=======I have comcast wifi, 50 down and 25 up i believe
- Is this a SMART TV? ===========I do not think so Sit, it an 8 year old Samsung --46 inch
- With its own internal player?==== sorry do not know what that means,,,,,,,,,,
- Can it successfully play other video files wireless? ====== like i mentioned above i believe it does it sometimes when we stream shows from internet sites. SIR I THINK YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION, if it does it for WMC & it does it for shows steamed from the internet, then it has nothing to do with WMC, I feel foolish for taking up your time, but i believe you answered my question, maybe i ought to get ahold of the tv company and ask them?

It could be an issue of insufficient wireless bandwidth. It could also be that the TV player has an issue with .wtv recordings. Or it could be something else. The 'devil is in the details'.=============== d00zxah thank you for taking the time to help me, it's frustrating to be old and trying to catch up with this new stuff, but i am trying

again have a great day and be safe

Old John

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 am

John, I think the ScreenBeam Mini itself might be the reason. I looked at reviews on Amazon for the Mini and see some reports of stuttering. It appears it gets pretty hot when doing video. It may also be your laptop wireless... when you play a video, how far away is the laptop; do you have it near the TV or is it underneath/behind anything that may attenuate your wireless signal?

There may be some things you can do to improve reliability and reduce the stuttering.

Question: Is the video stuttering on your laptop at the same time? If so, your laptop may be the problem instead.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dojo

Post by dojo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 am

Hi Gary, long time since you helped me, a few years,, Hope you are well.

John, I think the ScreenBeam Mini itself might be the reason. I looked at reviews on Amazon for the Mini and see some reports of stuttering. It appears it gets pretty hot when doing video.

It may also be your laptop wireless... =======IT IS NOT A LAPTOP, IT IS A TOWER......…purchased a laptop but could not get WMC to work in it, so I got a new tower because the old one was dying, so I purchased a shop made computer and he transferred my old tower to this one, works real well,,,,,,,,,,,,,

when you play a video, how far away is the laptop; do you have it near the TV or is it underneath/behind anything that may attenuate your wireless signal?==================NO SIR, right around the corner,

There may be some things you can do to improve reliability and reduce the stuttering.

Question: Is the video stuttering on your laptop at the same time? If so, your laptop may be the problem instead.===============No Sir wife will sit in the kitchen and watch the computers monitor and the show is playing well,,,,,,,,while I am on the other side of the wall and sometimes the TV will stop playing the recorded WMC recorded show for a few minutes, then it will resume playing the same spot of the show as the comuter monitor in the kitchen OR steaming movie,,,,,,,,,,,

I talked with Samsung tv tech to see if he had any ideas, I am grabbing at straws, got WMC working GREAT, & have it wireless, no more cables un the floor, then this freezing, oh well there is a reason,, just have to find it

thanks Old John

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:55 am

Sorry, but it is still going to be the wireless connection between your tower and the ScreenBeam. Is your tower using Win10? I've had issues with connecting to wireless displays with Win10 that would just stop responding... I never had the patience to wait and see if it started up again. The ScreenBeam is really just a wireless HDMI cable... the TV has no idea what it is connected to, it will just show what it is told to show.

Do you have the USB power for the ScreenBeam plugged into a USB port on the TV, or are you using the provide USB outlet plug? You say your TV is 8 years old so I don't know if back then TV's would provide very much power on those ports.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:09 am

From the User Manual... this may help or not.
screenbeam.PNG
- Gary

dojo

Post by dojo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:52 pm

garyan2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:55 am Sorry, but it is still going to be the wireless connection between your tower and the ScreenBeam. Is your tower using Win10?=========YES SIR

I've had issues with connecting to wireless displays with Win10 that would just stop responding... I never had the patience to wait and see if it started up again.=========MINE DOES START UP AGAIN AFTER LIKE 1-2 MINUTES

The ScreenBeam is really just a wireless HDMI cable... the TV has no idea what it is connected to, it will just show what it is told to show.

Do you have the USB power for the ScreenBeam plugged into a USB port on the TV, or are you using the provide USB outlet plug? ============ YES SIR,, I COULD PLUG IT INTO A SMALL ADAPTER THAT GOES INTO THE RECEPTIAL, BUT I HAVE IT IN THE HDMI AND THE OTHER END IN THE USB ON THE TV

You say your TV is 8 years old so I don't know if back then TV's would provide very much power on those ports.==========MAYBE TIME FOR A NEW TV ?
=======SAMSUNG TECH SAID TO DO A FACTORY RESET , MAYBE I WILL TRY THAT, ,,,,, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP , WILL KEEP ON TRUCKIN , MAYBE I WILL HIT SOMETING, AGAIN THANK

OLD JOHN

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:46 am

Hi Dojo John,

I have to agree with Garyan2. I think it might be your screenbeam. From reading your comments you say the PC is on the other side of the wall from the TV. The screenshot Garyan2 provided state that you should keep the receiver in line of sight in relation to the source device. If the source device is on the other side of the wall this may be a factor. For a test, try moving your PC onto the same side of the wall as the TV and see if you notice a difference. That is where I would start.

dojo

Post by dojo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi SpencerC

Yes sir I will try that tonight=======

NOW HERE IS A NUT THROWN IN THE RUNNING GEARS.... we have been watching Yellowstone series from 123.movies. like we always do, ((it paused or stops during that movie)) I set up the show on computer, connected screen beam wireless to the tv , and let the show run on the computer & tv... when we were ready for the tv show, all I did was move the arrow back at the bottom of the screen to the beginning of the show on computer and watched the WHOLE SHOW on the tv, & not once did it stop playing,,,,,,,,,,,,,all 48 minutes with out pause,,,,,,,,,,,will try that tonight with a show tapped on WMC and see how it works on the tv after set up on computer. I can not see why buffering a tapped show would be the answer???

Thank you very much for the advice , will give er a try

Old John

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:00 am

Gary and Spencer thanks for the help and advice, for a few nights it worked like charm, then last night it did the same thing, I double checked my wifi hookup, tv shows streamed on the computer works ok, it's just when transfer them to the tv by wireless is sometimes when the tv will pause and the compute will continue to play. tonight it paused like 4 times on the tv while the computer ran without a hitch,, talked to the person that built my computer and he has no idea, I was wondering when I transfer the show on the computer via wireless to tv, is it possible the wireless needs speed???? stupid but i had to ask,

Just thought i would let you guys know what happened since you were good enough to take time and try and help me

Still trying to nail something down i can present on here

be safe and have a great day,,, Old John

dojo

Post by dojo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Last time I will post on this matter, thought i would share with you

I am not sure BUT I did something that might have fixed the pause on the tv when I stream or play a wmc show, on the computer and send it wireless to tv

I reset the MINNIE SCREEN BEAM back to factory specs. I pull the plug on the tv , ((as per Samsong) and re-set it.

for the last 3 nights any show we stream from internet, it has not paused, did I fix it, ha ha ha who knows

Thank you guys so much for the input, so much knowledge on here and the help is so much appreciated

Be Safe Old John

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 am

I am sorry, its me again, with the same problem, it started a few weeks ago, up until then is seemed to stop, I am still using the same steam beam , as still using the same tower, I have tried another mouse, no difference, I am making sure I have good wi-fi connection etc,

I did purchase 65"'Samsung smart tv, it did it to the new tv as well, I hooked it up to the Samsung Q60 series ((built in tv)) for wireless connection from computer to tv.

and I have shows pausing for seconds on the tv BUT running normal on the computer where I have WMC shows stored, then after a few seconds the tv catches up to the computers monitor SAME AS BEFORE ON THE OLD TV.

Now I did try and stream a few shows from internet and it did do the same thing ,, pause on either tv..((46" OR THE 65". NOW reading what I just wrote, it does not make sense I am having the problem with WMC as I thought before,

As you can see I am not to smart but I do try and do the eliminating to find the problem and I do not know of a better place to ask experts as on here.

I wonder if the size of my monitor compared to the tv size would cause anything,

I just can not figure why SOMETIMES when I play a tapped show from wmc or stream from internet the show runs normal on monitor but stops for like 30 seconds on tv then presto it is back running simultaneously . 75 and my mind is going fast.

any ideas would be appreciated no matter how silly,

thanks and EVERYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAN

Old John

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:21 am

John, here is another option. Disconnect the dongle from your PC, perform a full windows backup and then install this https://www.samsung.com/sa_en/support/smart-view/

Samsung already provides its own applications to mirror your PC screen to your tv but I can't promise you that it will work out better or that it will play your recordings correctly.

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Jachin99 thanks for the response, I read over your suggestion, only think is I do not have a smart tv any more, the 65" did not work for me, just the ol Samsung 46" now, and as far as I know that does not have its own application to mirror like the 65" smart one did,

I really appreciate your suggestion,, Please have a very Merry Christman

again thanks Ol John

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 pm

Can you tell us the exact model number of your Samsung TVs?

dojo

Post by dojo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Yes Sir
LN46D630M3F

That is the old one, the 65" it paused on that also, gave that a thought, same problem with both, I was wonder if it has something to do with the Lenovo 23" monitor ? that plays any show that was tapped from WMC or any show I stream down,,

Old John