MMC APK for Android (I have it)

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
treetop82

HTPC Specs: Show details

MMC APK for Android (I have it)

Post by treetop82 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello all,

I just reset my Android phone and saw that the My Media Center is no longer in the Google Play Store.

I had an older device that I extracted the APK from, if anyone wants to host it I can send it to you.

Thanks

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Look through your personal app purchase history. You should be able to find it there.

dab2kab

Post by dab2kab » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 am

Like was said above, you can get this from the play store still. But at least in my experience, even if you try to go the old apk route, the app will start but refuse to "verify" and wont let you use it.

jfreiman

Post by jfreiman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:32 am

treetop82 -- I just had to reset my Android too and also lost the ability to re-install the app -- AHHH!!
mcewinter -- with regards to app history, I'm not seeing My Media Center in my Android app history list.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:13 pm

You're looking in your purchased list? I found it there for me less tahn two weeks ago.

jfreiman

Post by jfreiman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:39 am

mcewinter wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:13 pm You're looking in your purchased list? I found it there for me less tahn two weeks ago.
I'm using a Galaxy S9+ with stock Android 8.0 (AT&T)
I don't see an option in the Play Store for "Purchased" items/list.

I only seem to have a Updates, Installed, Library and Beta -- and there is no 'purchased' category or sort option for purchased vs. non-purchased apps.

The only other place I looked for purchased apps is in Store, Account. There is an "Order History" there, but (Ceton) My Media Center is not listed.

I should update my situation.... After reading the OP, I remembered I had the app installed on my Android TV Box, and used an APK Extractor to transfer the MMC APK to my phone.

It didn't retail my preferences, but it did open properly and works like a charm! Now I have the APK saved in my backed up, Backup folder. :)

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:24 pm

jfreiman wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:39 am
mcewinter wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:13 pm You're looking in your purchased list? I found it there for me less tahn two weeks ago.
I'm using a Galaxy S9+ with stock Android 8.0 (AT&T)
I don't see an option in the Play Store for "Purchased" items/list.

I only seem to have a Updates, Installed, Library and Beta -- and there is no 'purchased' category or sort option for purchased vs. non-purchased apps.

The only other place I looked for purchased apps is in Store, Account. There is an "Order History" there, but (Ceton) My Media Center is not listed.

I should update my situation.... After reading the OP, I remembered I had the app installed on my Android TV Box, and used an APK Extractor to transfer the MMC APK to my phone.

It didn't retail my preferences, but it did open properly and works like a charm! Now I have the APK saved in my backed up, Backup folder. :)
Don't suppose I could get that APK from you? I have also lost the app too?

Please and thank you.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am

nairnmonster wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:24 pm Don't suppose I could get that APK from you? I have also lost the app too?

Please and thank you.
Looks like you can download something here:

https://downloadapk.net/down_My-Media-Center.html

You could run it through an online APK scanner before you install it, if you are suspicious.

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:07 pm

tonywagner wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am
nairnmonster wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:24 pm Don't suppose I could get that APK from you? I have also lost the app too?

Please and thank you.
Looks like you can download something here:

You could run it through an online APK scanner before you install it, if you are suspicious.
What a hero!!!

Thanks a million

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:01 pm

tonywagner wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am Looks like you can download something here:

For what it's worth, my 2 cents:

I downloaded this APK on Android 8 (Oreo) and Lookout tagged it as containing adware or malware and asked to remove it... so I did.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 pm

StinkyImp wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:01 pm For what it's worth, my 2 cents:

I downloaded this APK on Android 8 (Oreo) and Lookout tagged it as containing adware or malware and asked to remove it... so I did.
I was unable to check when I posted it, but I've now downloaded it on my desktop, and yeah, it does seem to trigger some things at VirusTotal too:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/29f ... /detection

Sadly, I can't edit my post anymore. Hopefully the OP or someone else can share their version of the file.

swinn

Post by swinn » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:28 pm

I uploaded my copy if anyone still wants this:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/efcnyvjok ... k.apk/file

Cup

Post by Cup » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:04 am

swinn wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:28 pm I uploaded my copy if anyone still wants this:

Thank you!
I haven't been here in a while. Was going to ask if anyone had the APK (wife & I just got new phones last week, both new to Android), as it isn't on Play anymore.
Woot! I can install it!
-Cup
~~Nearly every day of my life is some kind of computer hell....

Click here for my system specs

spanner

Post by spanner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:23 pm

swinn wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:28 pm I uploaded my copy if anyone still wants this:

I know this is an older post but wanted to thank you for this, I have a new samsung tablet and this app still functions perfectly. Thanks

wmc2001

Post by wmc2001 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:48 am

Does anyone know what versions of Android are compatible with the MMC Companion app?
My early model Kindle Fire (1st Gen ?) (System Version 6.3.4) is starting to act up, and I'd like to get an updated version.
Thanks!

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:42 am

Ceton needs to release this to the community since they have abandoned the product.

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:50 pm

I'm a long time user of Windows Media Center and the My Media Center app (since 2011) and am still using the original CetonInfiniTV4 tuner I got way back then. For the first time ever, I am getting a warning message that prevents me from using the MMC app. The message reads "Application Not Licensed. This application is not licensed. Please purchase it from Android Market" This first appeared on my Samsung Tab5Se last week and just yesterday on my Samsung S23+. It obviously prevents the app from loading due to lack of license verification. I suspect there was a recent update to Google Play that has caused this. The app is ancient and no longer offered/supported by Google Play. There is no record anywhere in my Google Play account of my purchase or of a history of having the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my copy of the app and no love. I downloaded the copy linked on this page with the same result. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any suggestions on what to try as a workaround? There are multiple sites recommending using an app called Lucky Patcher to disable the license verification code in the app but I am suspicious of the validity/safety of the app and am reluctant to try it.

Burgh229

Post by Burgh229 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:50 pm

I received the same message on my phone and tablet yesterday, 10/31/2023.

spanner

Post by spanner » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:46 pm

Me to. "Application Not Licensed" stopped working on my Samsung s23 and tablet. My win 10 app is still working on my PC

spanner

Post by spanner » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:16 pm

My version from the google play store stopped working on my Samsung s23 and tablet "Application Not Licensed". Luckily I had also purchased it sometime back from the amazon app store, and that one was still there and works. I had to download and install the amazon app store app.