WMC 8.8.4 backup location of files?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
sdowney717

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC 8.8.4 backup location of files?

Post by sdowney717 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:19 am

For backup restore, where do they go?

And for some reason, WMC after a week of good working, no longer can find a signal for any tuner cards. So I suppose I need to uninstall and reinstall it?
Plays recorded shows, just no live TV.
The TV signal is there as it works on the regular TV off the splitter.
So I thought maybe to run a backup and try a restore, but there is a backup already as when run it says do you want to restore.

And what are these other executable programs for in the folder?

sdowney717

Post by sdowney717 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:35 am

I may have found out, I ran the cmd file on a system not setup, and it gives the error
'ehome programdata directory is not found on system', so I suppose it is in there?

Would you copy that folder somewhere, the run the backup-restore cmd file, to create a new backup. Then after reinstalling copy them back over and run it again to do a restore?

What exactly does it restore?

Of course thinking bout this, It may be it uses that folder as a source not a destination of a backup file when running the cmd file.
Although I wonder if I can just backup the entire folder manually and copy it back over then restart windows to restore things.

sdowney717

Post by sdowney717 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:57 am

https://mcbackup.software.informer.com/3.0b/
Does this work in win 10, has a lot of features for backup and restore

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/24631/b ... -mcbackup/

Well you dont need it and I cant find it.
I solved the issue with no signal. A coax cable had come off one of the tuners and that stops live TV on all tuners.
I made a new backup, the backup folder exists in the setup dir for 8.8.4
I also tested the uninstall reinstall and then did a restore backup and it works great, no need to go through setup again.

I have 5 tuners but only 4 are recognized, will I have to run tuner salad then setup the signal again?
Answer is yes, got 5 tuners working now.