EPG123 channels do not match

rogerpp

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 channels do not match

Post by rogerpp » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 am

Good morning,

Yesterday i installed the last Version (22)
On Mythos wmc (7)

Before i had the channels individual in Mythos row

Thema the Info from Epg123 Codes, but dort Match with
My List
?
What can i do?
Kind regards
Roger
Kind regards
Roger

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 pm

I may not understand, but are you referring to MythTV and the XMLTV created by EPG123?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 pm

rogerpp wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 am Thema the Info from Epg123 Codes, but dort Match with
My List
???
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

rogerpp

Post by rogerpp » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 am

Sorry for Bad Posting
My mobil Phone have its one live
Come back later on My PC
Kind regards
Roger

rogerpp

Post by rogerpp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 am

garyan2 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 pm I may not understand, but are you referring to MythTV and the XMLTV created by EPG123?
Good Morning

so i will try to explain the prob:

at the Moment i have only the 6day free Trial booked (expires on 13.nov
i installed epg Version 22 on my W7 PC with SAT-Receiver with astra 19. e
go trough the installing-process and it Looks fine ( first view)
after checking more i find out , that only the first 3 channels are ok, then a mixture of wrong info takes place
that means for example:
the epg Shows channel "Puls4" but if i choose this channel there is another channel (in this case "RTL nitro )

after 2 or 3 deinstall and reinstall the result are not better.

in the Client-window on the left side there are 800 etc channels, on the reight side there are only 9 channels
"tranlated" and the most of them wrong like discribed above

what i see is, that only 9 channels translated in 6 or 7 Digits-codes (left side) , and this 9 Comes on the Right side in the
Lineup-window

what also is a Miracle for me: the Client Setup takes place (Point save & exe) but the last step guide Import open the small
process build but hold on 0% for a short while, the close automatic but i guess, there happend Nothing ?

what is my fail ?

Kind regards
roger

ns: sorry for my english :-)
Kind regards
Roger

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm

I almost understand the issue. Could you take a picture of your client GUI showing and the contents of your trace.log file? I'm interested to see what your Astra 19.2E lineup looks like on the rights side, and what your channels on the left side looks like. The trace.log file contents will tell us if there were any errors during the update.
atra19E.PNG
- Gary

rogerpp

Post by rogerpp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:12 am

Good morning Gary
Tks for yr reply
Meanwhile i have more success and I am on the right way
When i am back on My PC ist will try to Explain My (?) Fail
Kind regards
Roger
Kind regards
Roger

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:27 pm

rogerpp wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:12 am Good morning Gary
Tks for yr reply
Meanwhile i have more success and I am on the right way
When i am back on My PC ist will try to Explain My (?) Fail
Kind regards
Roger
Hello, Roger,
has the problem been solved?
I also have assignment problems with EPG123 with the WMC.

Kind regards
Tigerbaby

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:05 am

For satellite lineups that the channel numbers do not match what your WMC has listed, you will need to disable the 'Automatically match...' / 'Automatch' feature and manually map the channels.

If you update to the latest version of EPG123, it will make all the channel numbers in the lineup '-1' so if you do have automatch enabled, it won't do anything bad. The latest version will also be able to correctly map channel listings to the tuner channels based on the OID:NID:SID values, but in order to take advantage of that you will have to start over with a clean start.
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks for the answer, which I only read today.

The next days I will try out your tip and get back to you.

Claudia

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:46 pm

After a great many attempts, I am now submitting a report.
When I start a new EPG123 installation and follow the instructions exactly, I have several SAT channels with a current program preview, but only SD channels are shown in the MCE. Adding the HD transponders manually does not work either. If I perform a normal channel scan on ASTRA 19.2 with the MCE, the HD channels are not found either. However, I can add the channels manually using the known HD transponder lists. However, this method does not work when using EPG123. Reception of HD channels via ASTRA 19.2 is not possible or the method is not known to me.
Since with this method the channel positions have to be reordered afterwards in a very complex way, I use the program Channel Sorter for Windows Media Center/Channel Sorter for Windows Media Center from Digital Devices.
All transponders of ASTRA 19.2 are up to date and the program allows an easy sorting and creation of pre-sorted lists using ready-made transponder lists for the Windows Media Center. The operation is relatively simple and you can save the sorting in CSV format. This file contains all relevant information that the WMC needs to find the stations. Is it possible to transfer the available information into the format of EPG123?
A solution might be a CSV file of a custom lineup in the format of Digital Devices. The information could be manually converted into EPG123 format.

Here is a small example of the table.
Digital_Devices.JPG
example of the table
I am willing to do further tests

Kind regards :)
Claudia

dividers

Post by dividers » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:55 pm

in my case, even support could not help. Maybe it's my fault, I changed too much in the settings!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Tigerbaby wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:46 pm After a great many attempts, I am now submitting a report.
EPG123 only provides the guide listings. It does not add/create channels in the guide... WMC does that when it scans your transponders. I'm not familiar with that process, but I thought it was just you needed to provide the transponder frequency and it would then do the scan and add the channels. Only once that is done can EPG123 possibly provide the guide listings.

Could you take a snapshot of the client GUI to see your channels and possibly any HD channels that have been scanned in?
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:22 pm

dividers wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:55 pm in my case, even support could not help. Maybe it's my fault, I changed too much in the settings!
Considering this is your first post...? I have no idea what the issue is or even what you have tried. Could you elaborate?
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:56 pm

garyan2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 pm
Tigerbaby wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:46 pm After a great many attempts, I am now submitting a report.
EPG123 only provides the guide listings. It does not add/create channels in the guide... WMC does that when it scans your transponders. I'm not familiar with that process, but I thought it was just you needed to provide the transponder frequency and it would then do the scan and add the channels. Only once that is done can EPG123 possibly provide the guide listings.

Could you take a snapshot of the client GUI to see your channels and possibly any HD channels that have been scanned in?
It is correct, if you scan the transponders with the WMC, no HD stations are found. There are two ways to receive the HD stations.

1. you enter the frequency, polarisation and symbol rate in the WMC and then scan the entered transponder. Then the HD stations are found.

2. the other way is the tool of Digital Devices Channel Sorter for Windows Media Center/Channel Sorter for Windows Media Center

Unfortunately I did not find a manual for the Channel Sorter in English, the manual is only available in German. During installation the program can be installed in English, but after installation the program is only available in German. The procedure is relatively simple. After you have selected the satellite (top left), for example 19.2 ASTRA, you can now click the desired channels (in the left field) with the green arrow pointing to the right into the presort in the right field. Further arrows help to change the order.
Digital_Devices_sort.JPG
Sort
When the sorting is complete, you send the list to the WMC (Transmit and save channels) and can save the list in CSV format. The generated channel lists are written directly to the WMC with the program. Afterwards the channel scan in the WMC is started, but then aborted as with the EPG123 client program. It is important that you deactivate the automatic download in the WMC. Remove the check mark at : "Get CD cover, media information for DVDs and movies and Internet services from the Internet" and save the setting by clicking the "Save" button.
In both procedures, the TV program was automatically assigned to the station, in the case of the EPG from Microsoft.

Claudia

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Here is the link of the program.
Digital_Devices_link.jpg

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 am

garyan2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi, the requested screen shot should be made by the WMC?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Okay, I'm going to try to see if I understand everything, what the issue is, and what the request is concerning satellite setups.

Issue:
  • WMC has an outdated lists of satellite transponder frequencies and station lists.
  • The only method to receive the content from the missing transponders is to manually enter the frequency, polarisation, and symbol rate and scan it.
  • Information is not well understood on how to find and enter for WMC.
Request:
  • Make it easier.
I studied what "Channel Sorter for WMC" does, and it is simple enough but I don't think I will consider assigning channel numbers or even add the channels. I am hoping that all I would need to do is add the transponder characteristics so that when a Full Satellite scan is performed, it will pick up all the channels.

Since I don't have access to any DVB satellites, I'm going to need some help on verifying what works and what does not work. The plan right now is to create a file to import just prior to TV Setup (Step 2 of EPG123) that will contain the satellite transponders to scan. A full satellite scan during TV Setup should then give you all channels on that satellite. Of course, channel numbers will be all over the place, but that is too much information for me to provide right now.

Any folks want to help out which will probably require multiple WMC TV Setups from scratch? There's probably quite a few of you with time on your hands with the current lockdown situations around the world.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Question: I'm putting together everything to update the default satellite transponders, but I keep going starting over with the data. Not all sources I've found agree.

1. What is a better source for getting the transponder information? KingOfSat, LyngSat, SatBreams, ...?
2. Should I add all transponders, or only the ones that currently have channels on them?
3. If not all transponders, then should I only worry about FTA?
- Gary

Tigerbaby

Post by Tigerbaby » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 pm

Unfortunately I am reading the new news only now, it is not a normal time in which we all find ourselves.
It's right, WMC only scans the SD channels, the HD channels have to be entered in an elaborate way.

Tomorrow I may have the opportunity to answer in peace. Because I have made a small step forward and need further tests to be able to make a qualified statement.

The transponders KingOfSat, LyngSat, SatBreams are not relevant for me, but I do not speak for all users.

- Claudia