Attribute for copy-once files?

SomeGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Attribute for copy-once files?

Post by SomeGuy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:37 am

So I decided to shift over to Plex from WMC for my remote viewing.. even though the extenders work today who knows what will break in the future, and the recording engine in WMC is still VASTLY superior to Plex (no actual event logs? come on.). Here's the plan for my workflow...

-Stuff is recorded on WMC HTPC box
-A script runs daily to shift content from the HTPC to my Plex server, when they're X days or older, and aren't copy-protected
-Media Center Buddy converts the .WTV files into H.264 (or maybe H.265) files with commercials removed, and dumps them into a different repository on the Plex server
-Watch media on whatever device via Plex, or if it's live/fresh via Extender (unless I map to the WMC drive in Plex too)

This should allow me to remove the HDDs from my HTPC and replace them with a small(ish) SSD, to save on power/heat/etc, and also let the Plex server do the heavy lifting, but the issue is the copy-once programs which obviously won't transcode, or even play once they leave the HTPC. Is there an attribute of some kind that I can query against, to see if a file is copy-protected? That way my copy can be something like "Copy where age>24hr and copyonce=false" to where the copy-once stuff stays on the HTPC where I can decide what to do with it after the fact. I did a quick look in file explorer properties and powershell but nothing popped out, but I'm hoping someone's got something clever.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 am

SomeGuy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:37 am Is there an attribute of some kind that I can query against, to see if a file is copy-protected?
Protected.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:00 am

Ok, is that something that I can actually query, or determine on a file, apart from looking at it in WMC?

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:35 am

Protected is in the properties of the WTV file

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:13 am

Welp, shame on me.. I've been looking at the file attributes from my daily-driver PC instead of on the HTPC itself. Minimal data remotely, but on the HTPC it's got more tags than you can shake a stick at.
Attachments
2019-11-07 23_07_57-Window.png