DTB Addin for Windows 8.1

Mike@markradel.com

HTPC Specs: Show details

DTB Addin for Windows 8.1

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 am

Does anyone have, or know where I can get the DTB Addin for Windows 8.1? I have DVRMS Toolbox and ShowAnalyzer installed but I need DTB Addin to read the XML files to actually do the commercial skipping. I have searched the web and came up short. I tried the version I had for Windows 7 but that did not install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 am

Mike@markradel.com wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 am Does anyone have, or know where I can get the DTB Addin for Windows 8.1? I have DVRMS Toolbox and ShowAnalyzer installed but I need DTB Addin to read the XML files to actually do the commercial skipping. I have searched the web and came up short. I tried the version I had for Windows 7 but that did not install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is from a post in one of my other threads. There is no version for 8.1 but I was able to work through getting the 7 version put in place.

I think I have success on the DTBAddin for commercial skipping. I'll wait for a couple others to confirm but it looks to be working on both the machines I have configured.

1. Download the zip file containing the needed files and directory structure. It's hosted on my home internet connection so be gentle. https://diablo.homedns.org/TGB/W7DTBAddin_WIN10.zip
2. Extract the contents of the zip file.
3. In the W7DTBAddinSetupX64 directory copy babgVant.DvrmsToolbox.Shared.dll, MCEState.dll, MceStateConsumer.dll, MceStateInterfaces.dll, and MemMapFile.dll to the C:\Windows\ehome directory.
4. Copy the babgvant directory to c:\program files.
5. Open a command prompt as the administrator.
6. Run the following commands.

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe" "C:\Program Files\babgvant\DTBAddin\MCEState.dll"

"C:\Windows\ehome\RegisterMceApp.exe" /allusers "C:\Program Files\babgvant\DTBAddin\Registration.xml"

Open media center and verify that you don't recieve any DTBAddin related error messages.

Mine is now working on both the machines in which I have done the above. Maybe we can limp this dying horse a little further down the road.

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Thank you. I will try this and let you know how I do.

I followed your instructions and I receive the following error after I start Media Center:

"Invalid Application"
"Unable to launch "DTBAddin"

I am checking to make certain I followed each step correctly.

I did each step correctly. The log file for the first command indicates success. The second command indicates a successful registration.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:06 am

It's possible it no longer works in current versions. That was back in the original release of Windows 10. It's entirely possible some of the mechanisms it relied on are no longer available in the current versions.

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:59 am

So, is there nothing I can do to salvage this mess? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:57 pm

I had this same issue in windows 7 about six or eight months back. It would always throw those errors. Have you tried disabling all other addins to see if things improve?

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:16 am

Thanks for the suggestion jachin99. I tried disabling the two other addins and still get the same error, "Unable to launch DTBAddin." I am open to trying any suggestion you might have, other than re-installing Windows 8.1.

A little more information. I ran SFC /scannow and it found some system files that had errors. I fixed them and ran another SFC /scannow and that was clean. I then reran the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe" "C:\Program Files\babgvant\DTBAddin\MCEState.dll that Venom51 suggested above but no change. I still get the "Unable to launch DTBAddin" error. I feel like I am close to getting this to work so I am open to any suggestions you or Venom have. Interesting that I now have DTBAddin disabled yet I get the same "Unable to launch DTBAddin" msg when I start the Xbox 360 extender after Media Center starts.

My next step will be to check the Event Viewer for errors that might shed some light on what's happening. Thanks for your help.

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:33 am

I found this error in the Media Center log file. This is way above my knowledge level so I could use some help with diagnosing the error.

Code: Select all

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.InvalidAddInException: Unable to load invalid add-in babgVant.MediaCenter.DTBAddin, DTBAddin,Culture=Neutral,Version=1.0.0.7,PublicKeyToken=c3a1371968f2ff2a

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.LoadAddIn()
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.Launch(Object& objState)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityEntryPoint.Launch(PageBasedUCPService ucp, Object objMediaContext, Object[] entryPointParameters, String altPageUrl, ExtensibilityAutomation& exautoUsed)

InnerException System.ArgumentException: Unable to load assembly: DTBAddin,Culture=Neutral,Version=1.0.0.7,PublicKeyToken=c3a1371968f2ff2a
Parameter name: fullName

Server stack trace: 
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.RemoteTypeLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName, Assembly& asm)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.AddInLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.AddInLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [1]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.IRemoteTypeLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.LoadAddIn()

InnerException System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DTBAddin, Version=1.0.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c3a1371968f2ff2a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.RemoteTypeLoader.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Exception& loadException)

mogulman

Post by mogulman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 pm

I've installed DTB plugin on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and gotten it to work. I haven't used the manual method above. I just installed it.

Not sure if there is a place I can post it? The latest is 1009R1

Also...if I remember correctly, the plugin would crash shortly after opening WMC, until I opened DVRMSToolbox and made sure I configure the correct directories. Then I had to restart WMC.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:52 pm

See if you can find a file called dtbaddin.dll or similar (this is the actual adding file) and right click it to select properties. Once your there make sure it isn't blocked

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:50 am

Thanks for the response mogulman. Where can I find 1009 R1? Can you post a link for it? I haven't been able to locate that version anywhere.

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:27 am

I believe I have solved the problem. Venom51's instructions did not include mention of the dtbaddin.dll so I copied that file from the W7DTBAddinSetupX64 install folder to the c:\\Windows\ehome folder, started Media Center and no error. I needed to activate the dtbaddin in Media Center, Tasks>Settings>Start Menu and Extras>Extras Library, then check dtbaddin, restarted Media Center and it worked! I will use it over the next few days and report back.

mogulman

Post by mogulman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Here is a link for now. I'll delete it in a few days, or tell me when you have it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13dKLU9 ... sp=sharing

Mike@markradel.com

Post by Mike@markradel.com » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 pm

I have it. Thanks very much mogulman. You have been a great help.