Windows Media Center MPC Plug-in for Blu-ray's

Joni

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Joni » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:11 am

jachin99 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone still uses this or if it works with newer versions of MPC? Thanks.
Plugin still works. MPC-HC registry path has changed, so you have to edit the .reg file paths if you use those.

Joni

Post by Joni » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 am

This was just something i quickly made back in the day to get automatic refresh rate switching for Blu-rays. It would need some work to make installation better, like detecting MPC-HC/MPC-BE path and so on, but it works so I haven't bothered.

If anyone is using this, install LAV Filters and MadVR for MPC-HC. Add 1080p24 into MadVR resolution settings and check switch when playback starts and ends. Also configure LAV video DXVA settings and formats on Audio settings. Maybe also preferred subtitle and audio settings on LAV splitter. You won't newer have to use mouse to interact with MPC-HC, playback starts on 24p with your preferred audio/subtitle settings, play/pause/skip/stop works on remote and when you press stop on remote you'll get back into MCE UI with 60p.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update!! :thumbup:

Joni

Post by Joni » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks to you and anyone here keeping WMC alive :) I have 22Tb of TV-recordings, ripped Blu-rays, DVD's and CD's on my Media Center, don't know what I would do without WMC.

Joni

Post by Joni » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:54 pm

DavidinCT wrote:
jachin99 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone still uses this or if it works with newer versions of MPC? Thanks.
If with AnyDVD, I could drop in a bluray and it could play, I would be interested...
Doesn't it work? Blu-ray discs on drives show on the Movie Library, just play and AnyDVD decrypts it on the background.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 am

Damn, wish I had known about this back when I was still using WMC, I ended up paying for "My Movies" points to get the external player function and use MPC-HC. :roll: I am a big fan of MPC-HC and use it still with Media Portal, great PQ with Madvr and it will play Bluray 3D (frame packed) with external Lav Filters and their 3D plugin (Win 8.1 or 10 required I believe).

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Joni wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm *If you wan't to launch HD DVD, DVD and MKV files from Movie Library, create a folder named "BDMV" alongside with VIDEO_TS folder or MKV file.
'

Does this still work ? And after install all I need to do is add a "BDMV" folder in the movie(MKV, AVI, etc) I want to play with MPC-HC ?

Not worried about the directory setup, all you need to do is add the MPC-HC folder to the Windows path and you will be able to run it from anywhere. Easy enough to do...

This should help me solve this issue if it does...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12335

98% of my movies were ripped in MKV (love the format) but, HDR movies do not play in WMC, Under MPC-HC and MadVR, HDR movies play back (and even 4K movies appear to look better on it as well).

My main goal is to play back HDR, HDR10 etc movies that WMC cant play with a 3rd party app and MPC-HC plays them back perfectly.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:27 am

Ok, gave this a shot... Not sure what I am doing wrong but, if anyone knows, please give me some advice.

Ok, Moves are MKV... in this layout... all of them are by movie name and (year)

For example.

d:\movies\Movie 1 (2019)\Movie 1 (2019).mkv

All in that layout... I added a BDMV to the movie I was attempting to try... It's a 55gb 4K HDR MKV file. Manually opening this movie with MPC-HC, results in playback with no issues.

As I am using MPC-HC x64, I went into the 2 reg files Settings_MPC_HC.reg and Commands_MPC_HC.reg

and edited to reflect to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\ (where the current settings are).

Installed the Setup.exe and merged the 2 reg files, then gave the computer a reboot...just in case

MPC is installed to program files\MPC-HC by default and nothing happened when I ran it so, I copied all the files in that folder to to Program Files\Media Player Classic

and even tried coping the files to Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic then renaming mpc-hc64.exe to mpc-hc.exe

When I try to play this movie. WMC freezes up for about 10 seconds, and then comes back like I never hit play... So it's not working.

Did I miss a step and is there a log to see what is happening ?

Kind of wish the youtube videos were still up, might of given me some ideas...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Joni

Post by Joni » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi,

Yes, it should still work. I'm still using it for BD and ripped .mkv's. MPC-XX registry path has changed since I made this so the path needs to be changed to what they use nowadays.

I don't have much free time so this was left kind of half complete as far as settings and auto detection is concerned but it should still work. You don't need to install the reg files for this to work, they just contain some MPC settings that makes MPC usage better with remote.

All I could think of is that either MPC does not launch or there is a problem with the media file path.

Try to edit your movie file path like this to see if it works. For example "D:\THE_AVIATOR\BDMV\THE_AVIATOR.mkv" so that it doesn't have spaces.
Last edited by Joni on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joni

Post by Joni » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm

If that doesn't solve it, uninstall and install again.

1. Copy latest x64 MPC-HC into C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic
2. Install "Plug-in"
3. Play ripped BD or mkv from WMC Movie Library

Blu-ray: "X:\MOVIE\" < Full BD disk contents
mkv: "X:\MOVIE\\BDMV\xxx.mkv"

Thats all I do and it has worked fine after clean installs.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Joni wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm
Thank you for your reply, I will try this today.

Just a quick one, because I am using the built in library, If the mkv/movie file is not in the root, Media Center wont show the movie. So how would all the art/meta data work ?

and I need to keep them in a sub folder like d:\movies\move name (as I have over 500 movies, it would be hard to manage that)

As I use YAMMM to automate my art and metadata it requires the spaces. so will need to play with it to make sure it still will work.

I'll play with it some more...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

alexrod

Post by alexrod » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:56 am

Hi there, thanks much for creating this as it is exactly what I need for my WMC.

Is this project still alive ? The download links below don't seem to be working anymore, could you post new download links please ?

Download
Setup.exe (1.0.2.3) - 2013/08/08 Download http://www.netikka.net/enclave/downloads.html
Settings.reg - 2013/08/08 Download http://www.netikka.net/enclave/downloads.html
Commands.reg - 2013/08/08 Download http://www.netikka.net/enclave/downloads.html

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Joni wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm If that doesn't solve it, uninstall and install again.

1. Copy latest x64 MPC-HC into C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic
2. Install "Plug-in"
3. Play ripped BD or mkv from WMC Movie Library

Thats all I do and it has worked fine after clean installs.
Still cant get this to work... Tried this, exactly to a T

Copied MPC-HC to
C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic AND C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic

Reinstalled...

D:\Movies\My_MOVIE_(2019)\BDMV\My_MOVIE_(2019).mkv

or

D:\My_MOVIE_(2019)\BDMV\My_MOVIE_(2019).mkv

In WMC, I select the movie, select Play, it kind of freezes up for about 5 seconds and just returns to the movie list.

If I try...

D:\Movies\My_MOVIE_(2019)\My_MOVIE_(2019).mkv with a BDMV folder, I get a spinning circle for about 3-5 seconds and it returns..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Just a update here, I did end up getting this to work... I think it was my Windows 7 install because I had modded (HEXed) WMC system files and some apps need to check versions of this to work correctly.

I moved to 8.1 and got this working flawlessly. I am VERY happy with the results, now I can watch HDR,HDR10 and Dolby Vision movies in the Media Center Movie library with very, very impressive results...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:35 am

Hey Dave. I also have w8.1 and am trying to get WMC to play MKV FILES. I downloaded and installed the shark codecs but it’s not working for. Can you give me some tips here ? Thx

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Jacoats wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:35 am Hey Dave. I also have w8.1 and am trying to get WMC to play MKV FILES. I downloaded and installed the shark codecs but it’s not working for. Can you give me some tips here ? Thx
Not working ? What do you mean ?

If you open Windows Media Player, open and browse to a MKV file, will it play it, or what type of error ?

And this is not the thread for this...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Sorry. Can I pm you ?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 pm

Jacoats wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:27 pm Sorry. Can I pm you ?
sure....
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

peterb99

Post by peterb99 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:10 am

Hi all,

I've come back to Windows Media Centre after a few years and would love to be able to play BluRays through it. Unfortunately the link to the plugin on the first page is down. Is there anywhere else I could download it from?

Many thanks

Peter

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:37 pm

peterb99 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:10 am Is there anywhere else I could download it from?
Send a PM to Joni... ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=2957
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct