Ceton's website down?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton's website down?

Post by choliscott » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:58 pm

I tried going over to Ceton's website and noticed it's not working. Checked the domain registry and it's says its valid thru May of 2020

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:48 pm

"He's dead, Jim"
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:25 am

The Ceton Diagnostics Utility also now fails to connect when looking for latest drivers/firmware/updates.

Definitely appears to be the end of days.

I have saved copies of the latest 13.06.03.1088 InfiniTV drivers (for 4-tuner and 6-tuner hardware), for both Win7 and Win8. If anybody needs these for some future WMC rebuild just PM me with your email address and I'll provide you with a download link URL.

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Well, seems there's one more unexpected consequence of the Ceton site going dark.

Turns out the Google Play Store no longer has "My Media Center" available for download to your Android phone.

Thankfully I already had it installed on my Samsung S10. But if you get a new phone and don't do a "smart transfer" (i.e. Samsung's magic wizard that copies everything from your old phone to your new phone), you're doomed. So even if you have the PC side server software installed (or re-installed for a new from-scratch Win7/WMC reinstall) you won't be able to get the phone client app installed for MMC, say on a brand new phone.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:21 pm

All you need to get my media center on a new device is apk extractor

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:56 am

cwinfield wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:21 pm All you need to get my media center on a new device is apk extractor
Aha! Nevertheless, this does depend on actually having the app currently installed on an existing phone of yours, in order to be able to extract it for install on a second phone.

For a brand new first-time user just now getting into WMC and Ceton cards, the app's disappearance from Google Play is yet one more unwanted challenge that has to be overcome along with the upcoming disappearance of MS support for Win7, disappearance of working Digital Cable Advisor from within TV Signal setup, etc.

Paint

Post by Paint » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm

looks like ceton's website is back up....http://cetoncorp.com/