Database problem in 8.8.4?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
1ST1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Database problem in 8.8.4?

Post by 1ST1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Hello, I have discovered a thing which I only can describe as a database problem. I use WMC since very log time, I think since Vista, I think I even did first experiments with it with the XP MCE edition, but there it still was not usefull for me as it did not have DVB-S card support. So I have archived a lot of recordings on my home server since Vista, 2000+ together with the recordigs stored on my HTPC where WMC runs. After now getting 8.8.4 runnig obviously fine now, I surprisingly discovered, that WMC detects a total of more than 5000 recordings, what is strange. To investigate I went to the TV recordings menue where it displays them and selected to sort by title. I discovered, that it displays many of them with a "(2)" or even "(4)" behind the title, what means that WMC found 2 or even 4 TV recordings with the same title. When entering such an entry, for example with "(2)", the icon preview of the files shows two recordings with the same preview icons. Looks like WMC had recorded the show twice, maybe on different date, original transmission plus repeated. But date and channel is the same. When deleting one, both entries disappear. So it's a double entry of the same file in the database?

How to reset /empty that database for a complete rescan of the files? I tryed already to delete the index search, no change.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:40 am

Was wondering if you had made any headway on this?

The only thing I could think of was that there were multiple mappings to wherever your Recorded TV is and WMC didn't understand that the files are actually the same ones.

1ST1

Post by 1ST1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:12 pm

I am using the same mapping as on 1803 before. I didn't change the media library settins at all.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 pm

go to C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player
delete all *.wmdb files
open Windows Media Player - allow the Library to rebuild itself.
Then open Media Center
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs