EPG123 fresh install scheduled recordings transfer?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Paul Anderegg

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 fresh install scheduled recordings transfer?

Post by Paul Anderegg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 am

So I am in the middle of my EPG123 install...would have been nice to have a mention of the 4 tuner limit...I am now at the recordings transfer tool, looking for how to transfer my WMC series and sych into the new setup. Was there a backup step that I missed going step by step, now at page 10, or a place where EPG123 saved this file?

I suppose I can do a system restore, backup the old series record options, then reload system restore again to where I am, but PITA.

Paul

Paul Anderegg

Post by Paul Anderegg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 am

Crap, found it...apparently, in transfer tool Windows Explorer view when you browse for the backup, the view will not show the backup folder where the backups are stored. I found it with restore button, moved it to the desktop, where transfer tool could see it . yay.

Paul

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Paul Anderegg wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 am...would have been nice to have a mention of the 4 tuner limit...
At the end of Step 1, EPG123 will apply the tuner limit increase giving a max limit of 32. If it failed for you, then this might be a side effect of putting in a timeout for an mcupdate operation prior to the limit increase. I'll have to check. Did your Step 1 take over a minute to complete?
Paul Anderegg wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 am Crap, found it...apparently, in transfer tool Windows Explorer view when you browse for the backup, the view will not show the backup folder where the backups are stored.
This will be fixed in the next release. I recently found out about it. For the recording transfer, it was looking for a relative folder where the executable was located... since adding the ability to install in the Program Files folder location with data stored in the ProgramData folder, it could not find the backup folder.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Paul Anderegg

Post by Paul Anderegg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:18 pm

Off the shelf EPG123 install was set to auto move to next step, and when it got to step 2 WMC opened on it's own. I used the Step 1, step 2 install with 4 tuners, close WMC, Tuner Salad, run Step 2 again, move to step 3 :)

Glad to see your staying on top of things...if my Windows Media Center doesn't stop woprking in January 2020, I am sending you some cash :P

Paul