Wrong RF channel

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
wgf_bean

HTPC Specs: Show details

Wrong RF channel

Post by wgf_bean » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:20 pm

I set up EPG123 over a year ago and all has been running well. It's been long enough that I don't remember all the details of how I did it. Recently one of my OTA channels changed the RF frequency. I'm not sure where/how to fix this. Which of these is this done in:
EPG123?
Schedules Direct?
WMC?

I thought that the RF channels would be fixed automatically, but I don't understand how all this stuff works so I'm lost.

I tried adding a new channel in WMC which works except then it shows no guide data for it.

Help please.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:57 pm

What I always do is exactly what you did, add the channel manually. There's a second step, that of associating the guide with the newly added channel. Just right click on the channel in the guide and select Edit Channel, then edit listings. Scroll through the list until you find the desired listing and select it. You're done! FYI, the name of your newly added channel may change to that shown in the listing.

For the time being, keep both channels in the guide (old & new). Eventually, the guide data will catch up with reality and you can delete your manually added channel.

wgf_bean

Post by wgf_bean » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 pm

Thanks.

OK so I had already deleted the old channel, but this is OTA and I also have cable with the same channel although only for the main sub channel 1. So I copied that one and the other sub channels I can't do anything about now. However I'm pretty sure I correctly named everything so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that eventually on a guide update it will catch it.

This is for Providence, RI virtual station 12. WPRIDT, WPRIDT2, and WPRIDT3.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12140#p130643

Since you already deleted the old channel(s), you can bypass the [Delete All] button and just [Scan again].
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

wgf_bean

Post by wgf_bean » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 pm

garyan2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:27 pm viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12140#p130643

Since you already deleted the old channel(s), you can bypass the [Delete All] button and just [Scan again].
Edit: removed question about [Delete All] button and just [Scan again]. My eyes skipped right over the link you provided Gary. Thanks.

And of course the new RF channel is in the VHF band and WMC doesn't scan these.

Microsoft could have made this a lot less painful by allowing us to edit the RF channel on an existing virtual channel. Would have been a 1 step solution.

***Grumbs to self*** Where's the source code to WMC? I'll fix that and the sinister spacebar = go to previous channel instead of pause! Grr...