Cable didnt switch to epg123

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
windham9

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cable didnt switch to epg123

Post by windham9 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:24 pm

I am doing my first epg123 conversion, the OTA channels guide changed over fine, guide to 8/15, but not cable, it still has just 10 days guide.
It is analog. Says 'cable not implemented Call me!' on the client page
also when i click the green + it says 'contact the author to aid in adding this tuner type'
still shows Rovi for suddenlink cable in media center settings
thanks!

windham9

Post by windham9 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm

It now shows epg123 in 'about guide listings' :)
but for ota only, no cable listings
rovi is gone so are all my cable listings
Says 'cable not implemented Call me!' client page
is analog cable incompatible with epg123?
thanks!

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:32 pm

Can you clarify a little? When you say your cable is Analog, does than mean you are using a set top box and IR blaster to control it and not using a digital cable tuner like a Ceton or SiliconDust cablecard tuner?
If you are using the set top box connection method I think you will need to re-run the WMC tuner setup steps for a set top box type of connection. From that point I am unsure how to proceed as I have not set up
that type of cable connection in a lot of years. I am sure you will need to select the correct cable lineup to download along with your OTA lineup when setting up EPG123.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:48 pm

I'm going to do a bit of a drive-by as I don't have a lot of time right now.

The "Cable not implemented. Call me!" message is only for displaying the tuning info. I've never had an Analog Cable example to look at and determine how to extract the information I want from it. There is no incompatibility, just an inability to display your tuner information.

The fact that you still have (had?) Rovi in your setup means you did not perform a Step 1 - Clean Start.

In the client, if you do not see any Cable channels, then it appears you did not set it up during WMC TV Setup. Is that true? Did you only setup your OTA tuner(s) and not your cable tuner? If so, you will need to perform TV Setup again to include the cable tuner(s).

Real quick also, once we get your cable tuner(s) setup again, I would like to get a backup copy of your WMC setup so I can add support for the analog Cable.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

windham9

Post by windham9 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:05 pm

After doing everything again today, this time in the right order and right way, I got it done.
It all looks good. Just that 'cable not implemented Call me!' on client page,
doesn't seem to hurt anything. I'd be glad to send you anything to help improve epg123!
let me know what to do & how to send the info
Now i am brave enough to do it to my primary machine next
Its just the matter of rebuilding the series, if there is no episode of a series currently airing, theres no way to add it
have to wait until the next season airs to add it , if they dont show reruns
Thanks Again !

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:44 pm

Since you did some things out of order, you probably didn't get the Transfer Tool to pop-up to transfer over your series recording requests. Open the client and click the [Transfer Tool] button. Once open, click the [Open recordings backup file] button... it will navigate to the \backup folder with a bunch of zip files in it. Each zip file is created whenever you do a Step 1: Clean Start or when demanded by a database [Backup] button click. Select the oldest backup....zip file and your previous series requests should be in there. If not, work your way to the newest. Refer to page 10 of the installation guide.

To help me out with the tuner info stuff, once you have completed everything, could you click that database [Backup] button in the client and then send me the new backup....zip file it created? That will be all I need to mimic your WMC setup with tuners so I can see what an Analog Cable setup looks like. Send it to garyan2[at]cox.net.

Thank you!
- Gary

windham9

Post by windham9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 pm

Got the series back now, backup file sent,
thanks again!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:20 am

Thanks! Turns out I can handle Analog Cable exactly as I do Digital Cable... just needed to move 2 lines of code and we now support Analog.
- Gary

windham9

Post by windham9 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I did the primary machine yesterday, all good, it allowed 10 ATSC tuners plus the 2 analog tuners during the first setup without even using the tweak :)

The hard part finishing that setup is setting the tuner priorities for every channel one at a time, I have 5 antennas to cover all the locals + sub-channels, in 2 markets.

Probably a backup file somewhere for that? If every have to run setup again, be nice to preserve & reuse the data that like the transfer tool does the series!