WMC Tuner issues with HDR Prime After power outage

undecided

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Tuner issues with HDR Prime After power outage

Post by undecided » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:17 pm

A storm passed over a few days ago and we lost power for a couple of minutes and WMC has been sporadically missing recordings. When I turn on my tv I see a popup message saying a tuner was not available or something like that. If I then tune to that channel, WMC works fine, it tunes to it fine but it's missed 4 recordings in 3 days with that message.
WMC is connected to the HDR Prime over CAT-6 Gigabit wiring that goes through an 8 port switch that is connected to a 24-port switch.
The HDR Prime is directly wired into the 24 port switch.
All the other computers on the network are connecting to each other fine and also connect to the internet fine.

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Just spitballing here... I had this happen one time (out of nowhere) and it turned out to be this simple.

Settings -> TV -> Guide -> Edit Channels -> (pick the channel) -> Edit sources.

For some unknown reason all my tuners weren't assigned. I assigned them and all has been well.

Tuners assigned!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:14 pm

I had a similar issue after a lightning strike. Unplugging the tuners from my switch and plugging them directly to my router fixed it. You could also try unplugging both the power and Ethernet cords from the tuner for a few hours and swapping power or Ethernet chords. All of my gear was plugged into a cyberpower surge protector but I had a really close ground strike

undecided

Post by undecided » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Thx, I will check tonight. The bizarre thing is that manually selecting a channel works ok.
Last edited by undecided on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

undecided

Post by undecided » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 pm

jachin99 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:14 pm I had a similar issue after a lightning strike. Unplugging the tuners from my switch and plugging them directly to my router fixed it. You could also try unplugging both the power and Ethernet cords from the tuner for a few hours and swapping power or Ethernet chords. All of my gear was plugged into a cyberpower surge protector but I had a really close ground strike
Yeah, all my equipment is surge protected. Of course, the tuner has a coax coming into it but even that goes through a splitter that also connects to cable modem and that seems to be working ok.

undecided

Post by undecided » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm

So, this was resolved by setting up the tuners again. When I did that, my guide went blank so (I am using EPG123) I redid it in HDR Prime setup and then readded them to WMC. I also performed the EPG123 save & execute and everything is back to normal.

Thx