Guide won't load

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Pmorris1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide won't load

Post by Pmorris1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:32 pm

I just installed wmc to my new windows 10 desktop computer. Everything went fine. I ran the channel search on my over the air antenna an came up with 25 channels. When I try to run the guide it says no internet connection. I have xfinity high speed internet. I have the new WinTV tuner with 4 tuners. Could my problem be because I am trying to run the guide while connected to my wireless network?

Wmc version shows 8 should it show version 10
In live tv I am showing the channels and the networks. I can watch live tv on any of the channels
I can even record a channel manually
Any suggestions?

Zymolysis

Post by Zymolysis » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:44 pm

I am in the same situation as the OP. Has this been answered, solution found?

It occurs to me that the "Test" (internet connection) button may be giving false results, since I do have internet connected. But I can't get guide data. Until recently I had been running (for ~eleven years) Windows Media Center on an old HP with Windows 7 (originally Vista). The power supply on it died recently, and my SO decided that was the right time to banish it from our living room. I have installed the green 8.8.3 WMC on an Ace PC mini PC with Windows 10 Pro. I still haven't gotten WMC to run properly in full screen, but the bigger issue is that I haven't been able to get the guide data to download. I had an issue with guide data, a couple of years ago (or so), but was able to find some kind of work around to enable it to continue receiving guide data.

wmc1000

Post by wmc1000 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 am

See my post #17 in the windows 1903 issues forum for what I changed in the hosts file to get the initial guide listings.

UPDATE my guide "{ends" on June 19, 2019 and never updates past this date. Have changed hosts ip addresses to those in V8.8.3 workarounds.txt but am still ending as of this date.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:41 pm

Have a look in event viewer and see whet errors Windows Media Center is reporting.

It might help to narrow down what is causing the problem.