Microsoft RRS9002-86XXF Remote Manual

bameyer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Microsoft RRS9002-86XXF Remote Manual

Post by bameyer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:05 am

I have a Microsoft RRS9002-86XXF that I purchased many years ago. My current remote is failing so I decided to start using this remote. The remote works great but I need to program the TV On/Off button for my TV (Samsung) and I am not sure what 9 specialty buttons are for. Does anyone have a manual for this remote?

Picture of remote with highlights to buttons I have questions about - http://www.bameyer.com/tgb/20190613_234745.jpg

Thanks - In advance!

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello

The 4 middle buttons jump you to different parts of WMC, from left to right - Recorded TV, TV Guide, Live TV, DVD menu (This one will come in handy below!).
The 4 Bottom buttons are for Teletext services but are pretty useless these days unless your provider of TV carries Text service signals that WMC is compatible with.

As for re programming the buttons on your remote (Power and volume should be programmable) I'm guessing that as it has the 'Green Button' it conforms to Microsoft's WMC Remote Standard - i Found this online - May be worth a try:

To program buttons on the remote control by using the learning feature
1 Place the remote control for Media Center PC head to head (2 to 3 inches apart) with the remote control from which it is learning.

2 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and hold the DVD MENU and OK buttons at the same time until the remote control lights turn off (2 seconds). The remote is now in learning setup mode.

3 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and release the TV, VOL +, or VOL – button, depending on which command you want it to learn. The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink once to confirm the selection.

4 On the remote control that is teaching the command, press and hold the button that you want the corresponding button on the remote control for Media Center PC to learn.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the selection. If the remote did not learn the command, the lights blink quickly four times. To try again, repeat steps 1 through 4.

Hope this helps :)

Anthony

bameyer

Post by bameyer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:30 am

Thank you Anthony!

It is very helpful to know what the middle buttons are used for.

When I press any button the light flashes quickly as if it is sending the code several times. When I hold down the DVD Menu and OK buttons at the same time (or any other two buttons for that matter) the light goes off. When I press the power button it flashes quickly instead of once to acknowledge program mode. I then hold down the TV Power button to program the Microsoft remote and there is no blink acknowledgement.

This leads me to believe that these are not the correct programming instructions for this remote. This sounds familiar for my other media center setup with the grey remote. There is a 4 digit number on the back of that remote but alas it is at the other house.

Bruce

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:39 am

Are you sure thats the TV Power button? On every remote I've seen, thats the PC Power button and is non-programmable. Microsoft did make a remote with both TV and Power buttons but i havent seen one on ebay in a long time. Both Dell and HP had MCE remotes but they were all missing the TV Power button and were non-programmable. BTW, on the Microsoft remote only the TV Power and Volume buttons were programmable.

I tried attaching the manual of the original Microsoft RC6 remote but evidently I cant attach a pdf file, Illegal file extension.

bameyer

Post by bameyer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Thank you dmagerl!

I did find this picture of the remote with the buttons labeled - http://www.bameyer.com/tgb/remote_mc-diagram-b.jpg.

It does show that button as On/Off/Sleep. TV's don't sleep so it may not be programmable. All references online say the power button is programmable which again leads me to believe those directions are not for this remote.

To upload a PDF file if it is not allowed simply add an extension that is valid to the end of the file name. If JPG is legal then change manual.pdf to manual.pdf.jpg. As long as I know to remove the .jpg the file will work.

Bruce

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 pm

I dug out my old Silver Microsoft WMC remote (I use Harmony Elite to control wmc) and as above there's 2 separate buttons for PC and TV power. So as suggested looks like it's just pc power on your remote.
The silver remote is currently available on ebay https://bit.ly/2IJAZpk if you're looking for one that has the functionality you need