Scheduled Recording Printout

Gripweed

HTPC Specs: Show details

Scheduled Recording Printout

Post by Gripweed » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Short of taking screenshots of the WMC Scheduled Recording display, does anyone know of a program or a way to print out the list of upcoming scheduled recordings?

Space

Post by Space » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 pm

This can be done with Remote Potato's web interface, although I don't think the website to download it is up anymore (you may be able to find a copy, if not I may have one). There may be better ways of doing it.

I normally use the Silverlight interface, but the web interface is similar and can be printed. It only lists dates, start times, and show names (no episode name or other information).

Here is what the Silverlight interface looks like:

The web interface is similar, but there are some differences:
It does not list the channel name.
It uses Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. for the "date" instead of the date like "Mon 14 Apr" for the first 7 days, then it uses the date.
It lists them all on one web page so it is easily printable or savable.

One issue I might mention is that very rarely, it misses an entry. I have only seen it a couple times in the years of using it and I have no explanation as to why it misses it. Also, if you generate the list within 5 minutes before a show is about to record, it will also leave it off the list, however if you refresh the list after it starts recording, it will be back on the list and only removed once it is done recording.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 pm

I can also host a copy but the author put the project up on GitHub here https://github.com/carlospuk/remotepotato

Gripweed

Post by Gripweed » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:25 am

Thank you for your comments. I'll look into both ideas. I'm sorry it took so long to respond back to you two but a small EF0 tornado wiped out our power and Internet for 4 days. No one hurt just a window blown out, fence blown over, trees toppled, and siding dislodged. Certainly not something you would expect in a mountainous section of Pennsylvania.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:10 pm

Completely unrelated to wmc but I'm glad your safe. When I moved to the east coast a while back I thought tornadoes might be a thing of the past but now I get to sit through tornadoes AND hurricanes. This year has been pretty active as far as tornadoes go so I guess we will see what hurricane season has for us :thumbup:

Gripweed

Post by Gripweed » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:34 am

I actually found I had a copy of Remote Potato 2.something in my archives of files I've tried in the past. I installed it and looked around briefly but I didn't see anyway to do a printout. Now that I think about it I'm guessing that that should probably be available from the client and not the server itself. If I find some time I'll check it out. It's annoying when life gets in the way of life.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:14 am

When you install remote potato it installs a web server on your computer, you can access that web server remotely from another PC or on the same PC you installed it on.

To get to it, enter this in your web browser: http://<wmc_ip_address>:9080/ where you substitute the IP address of the WMC PC for <wmc_ip_address>. If you are accessing it from the WMC PC, then you can also use http://localhost:9080/

When you set it up, it should have asked if you want to unblock port 9080 in the firewall, etc. as long as you allowed this you should be able to access it.

Here is some info: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/09 ... te-potato/

Gripweed

Post by Gripweed » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:04 am

Space, thanks for the info. It started to bring back memories from when I did use it in the past. I even found my old Remote Potato (myfrem.nl) password. I don't remember why I started to use it or why I stopped. I think it was between BeyondTV and WMC7. I think I was trying to stream shows to my Android phone. Things were pretty primitive back then. I'll try to get it setup this upcoming week when things settle down a little.

BTW, based on your TV schedule it's an easy call that you are a young parent (or grandparent who babysits) in the NY/NJ area. :crazy:

Space

Post by Space » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:34 am

You're welcome, and that screenshot was one I found on the web. I was too lazy to make my own and I couldn't find a shot of the web-based screen so used a Silverlight one (the pic is actually from the setup tutorial I linked in my last post). My TV schedule would look much different :-)