New recordings keep popping up - unwanted

billmich

HTPC Specs: Show details

New recordings keep popping up - unwanted

Post by billmich » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Even after deleting, I keep getting "landscapes" and 4 other recordings from "SBEAPP" showing up. A quick google search seems to indicate that this SBEAPP has something to do with the 'buffer' when watching live tv. These files are dated 'Januarry 0001' in my MMC app.

I didn't see anything about how to change a setting so these things aren't constantly being recorded (All are extremely small/short files)

Anyone here have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and considerations..

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:53 pm

You can see if they are old files from your TV buffer. To do this make sure you have enabled show hidden folders in file explorer and then go to your recorded TV directory and look in the temprec folder

billmich

Post by billmich » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:39 pm

how do I prevent them from showing up in my MMC app and other places?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Do these show up under movies or in recorded TV. Did you add your recorded TV folder to your movie library? Haven't used MMC for a while so I can't remember the exact layout

billmich

Post by billmich » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:11 pm

"Recently recorded" in MMC (NOT MOVIES)

they also show up in WMC under recordings

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:10 pm

It sounds like you may have added your main "Recorded TV" folder to one of your Media Libraries within WMC. The "Recorded TV" folder that is assigned as your main recording drive should not be added as one of your Media Libraries and if it is, it should be removed.

Videos, Recorded TV, and Movies are three of the Media Libraries you should check, see this to get an idea of where to look:
https://ccm.net/faq/32049-windows-media ... -libraries

This link shows the screens for adding folders to the libraries, but hopefully you can get the idea of how to remove folders.

You would first select one of the Media Libraries, and then select "Remove folders from the library", for each of the libraries, make sure you don't have the folder that you are using as your main recording folder listed, if it is, remove it.

Note that this process just removes the folder as one of the places WMC looks for existing recordings, it does NOT delete any recordings, so you should not be worried about losing any of your existing recordings. WMC will look for existing recording in the currently configured "Recorder Storage" drive, which is where WMC puts new recordings. For instance, if you add drive "F:" as your "recorder storage" drive, it will create (if it does not exist) the folder "F:\Recorded TV" and that is where new recordings will be saved, it will also look here and display these recordings in WMC so there is no need to add this folder as a Media Library (in fact if you do, it will end up listing the same videos more than once).

Here is an old thread showing the "Recorder storage" screen, in case you are not familiar:
viewtopic.php?t=10569

billmich

Post by billmich » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:32 pm

thank you for your assistance,. I went through your post and the links and got everything sorted out