Integrating Kodi with WMC for Amazon, Netflix, etc.

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:23 pm

jachin99 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:15 pm I think you can start Kodi directly into most add-ons. The trick would be learning the command line arguments. Keep in mind Netflix and Amazon only work with Kodi 18
Interested in Amazon, Nextflix, maybe YouTube, other streaming sources and MAYBE to try a Media Manager (movie library type thing), so as I don't know much about it, I wanted to see the different options to add into WMC...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 pm

I bet you can add all of those to the start menu, you just need to figure out how to open Kodi directly into each program. I bet the answer is somewhere in this thread.

Kick4U

Post by Kick4U » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 am

Wow, this is really great! Is anyone running into issues with the "service.autoexechomecloser-fixed.zip" service not loading properly . The log is stating the name 'addonloaded' name is not defined from line 32.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm

That was all created while Kodi 18 was still in it's early stages. Chrome has been updated since then also. I tried PMing the author at one point but I didn't get a response. I think someone will have to either chase him down and get an answer or update everything on their own. But who knows maybe if you toy around with it enough you can get it working.

Kick4U

Post by Kick4U » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Yep, it was easy: Edited file "%appdata%/Kodi/addons/service.autoexechomecloser/service.py"
Added initial parameter that was missing:
change from

Code: Select all

# Initialize variables
autoexec = 'False'
to

Code: Select all

# Initialize variables
autoexec = 'False'
addonloaded = 'False'

PS - I added a few command lines like TonyWagner to close and restart MCE, but I included a few more variables from https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11614/s ... windows-7/

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 pm

What is the lowest, stripped down version of kodi I can install for Youtube, Amazon, Netflix and XM radio to put each icon in WMC to run ?

Would love to get OEM apps that I can use with out needing a 3rd party app to access...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Dave, I don't think tony is responding much to this thread these days. I started work on this but never finished it. I know since he posted this Amazon has added changed their widevine requirements for Non Android players. The last I heard is that Amazon will only allow 720P with something like this. I started to write some of these scripts but never finished them. I can share what I have if you would like.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm

jachin99 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm Dave, I don't think tony is responding much to this thread these days. I started work on this but never finished it. I know since he posted this Amazon has added changed their widevine requirements for Non Android players. The last I heard is that Amazon will only allow 720P with something like this. I started to write some of these scripts but never finished them. I can share what I have if you would like.
If you don't mind... I never installed Kodi and wanted a bear basic version, JUST enough to add the apps. Youtube is more important than Amazon but, I'll take what I can get right now, maybe I can see what you did and figure out how it all works. I do have a Amazon prime account and I do watch shows time to time on it.

No 1080p or even 4K ? that is disappointing...wonder if there is a hack, or reg file to enable it...

After I get this HDR movies working, I want to try to tackle getting AT LEAST, Youtube working again.....
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ADzmK ... fg-H7mkcdF

That might be enough to get you started at least. I don't know how you add tiles to your start menu but in this example I was using Media Center Themer. If you use something like Media Center Studio then you will have to find a way to add the links via that, or use RegisterMCEApp.exe.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Thanks, I'll download it tonight when I get home so i am ready...

I need to finish up one project before moving to this but, it looks like there is some clues on the HDR thing...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Sorry I've been away!
DavidinCT wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 pm What is the lowest, stripped down version of kodi I can install for Youtube, Amazon, Netflix and XM radio to put each icon in WMC to run ?

Would love to get OEM apps that I can use with out needing a 3rd party app to access...
I don't think there are different versions of Kodi -- pretty much just the default official download should be pretty stripped down already. Then you just install the addons you want.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:11 pm

jachin99 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm Dave, I don't think tony is responding much to this thread these days. I started work on this but never finished it. I know since he posted this Amazon has added changed their widevine requirements for Non Android players. The last I heard is that Amazon will only allow 720P with something like this. I started to write some of these scripts but never finished them. I can share what I have if you would like.
Yeah, I think Amazon tops out at 540p now via the Kodi addon. Which is just fine for me since I'm on a metered internet connection anyway. :) (And I don't stream much Amazon these days either.)

I'm going to re-do my setup soon, before the end of Microsoft guide data, and I'll see it how it all works with the latest Kodi and share back here.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:46 pm

tonywagner wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Yeah, I think Amazon tops out at 540p now via the Kodi addon. Which is just fine for me since I'm on a metered internet connection anyway. :) (And I don't stream much Amazon these days either.)

I'm going to re-do my setup soon, before the end of Microsoft guide data, and I'll see it how it all works with the latest Kodi and share back here.
Cool, Thanks. I guess skip Amazon then, I have other devices that will give me 4K, just was trying to streamline things but, Youtube, XM are big ones...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm

tonywagner wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Hey Tony,

Did you redo your system and how is this working ?

Now that I have Guide data working epic with EPG Collector Flawlessly, and my 4K/HDR movies at working via MPC-HC in the WMC Movie Library (with beyond Epic results), I now need to get apps like YouTube, Amazon, XM radio and a few others with UPDATED apps in WMC. This seems like the only true option to do this with giving me options for all these apps...

Just wondering if you did any updates on your current setup for this and what is your results...

Going to dump codi into a VM today and play with it... I have a Windows 7 VM sitting around and that would be a good test
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:05 pm

DavidinCT wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm
Hey Tony,

Now that I have Guide data working epic with EPG Collector Flawlessly, and my 4K/HDR movies at working via MPC-HC in the WMC Movie Library (with beyond Epic results), I now need to get apps like YouTube, Amazon, XM radio and a few others with UPDATED apps in WMC. This seems like the only true option to do this with giving me options for all these apps...

Just wondering if you did any updates on your current setup for this and what is your results...

Going to dump codi into a VM today and play with it... I have a Windows 7 VM sitting around and that would be a good test
No, sorry. Video card failed in WMC PC, among other issues, so after some EPG experiments of my own, I left WMC for a TVHeadend server on a Raspberry Pi 4, plus a Kodi client on Fire Stick 4K.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:00 pm

tonywagner wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:05 pm
DavidinCT wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm
Hey Tony,

No, sorry. Video card failed in WMC PC, among other issues, so after some EPG experiments of my own, I left WMC for a TVHeadend server on a Raspberry Pi 4, plus a Kodi client on Fire Stick 4K.
Thanks, I guess a VM is in order...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Stubbertville

Post by Stubbertville » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:55 am

Does this still work? Also would it work With a Xbox 360 media extender?

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:16 am

Stubbertville wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:55 am Does this still work? Also would it work With a Xbox 360 media extender?
Launching Kodi from within WMC on Windows should still work fine. It would not work on an extender, though.

Stubbertville

Post by Stubbertville » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:18 pm

Darn