2019 MMC on iOS

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
RyC

HTPC Specs: Show details

2019 MMC on iOS

Post by RyC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 am

For previously registered users in 2018: The 2018 app with expire on Jan 19th, 2019. The app will not open with the message "my MC" Is No Longer Available. If you run into this, simply go to https://setonsylvan.github.io on your device and tap the Download button. You do not need to re-send me your UDID. It should install over the existing installation and leave your settings and data intact.

Caution: this may be shut down or stop working at any time by Apple, Ceton, or (most likely) a future iOS update that makes the app incompatible in some way

Requirements: An iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.0 or later.

What you need to do:
  • Find your device UDID. If you have a device released after late 2018 (iPhone XS/XR/new iPad), use one of these methods: https://deciphertools.com/blog/2014_11_ ... hone_udid/
    If you have an earlier device, use this website: https://betafamily.com/superudid
    If you leave the browser window open on your computer, it will automatically update with your UDID information after you complete the process on your device, so you can easily copy and paste it from your computer. It will install a "profile" on your device to read the UDID, but it will automatically remove itself afterwards.
    If you're not comfortable with this method, you can use any other method to access your UDID, such as reading it from iTunes.
  • PM me the UDID and whether it's an iPhone or iPad. Please do not post it in this topic!
  • Visit the above website after I PM you that your device UDID has been registered (I'll PM you the link as well). Tapping the Install button if your UDID has not been registered will not download the app.
FYI: This is a manual process to update the IPA with UDIDs so it may take a few hours before I'm able to add your UDID. If your device UDID has not been registered yet, the link will not install the app!

FAQs:
  • The app will expire on Jan 2, 2020. The app will not open with the message "my MC" Is No Longer Available. At that time, if the app is still functional, everyone will have to re-download MMC from the website. It should install over the existing installation and leave your settings and data intact.
  • As long as your device UDID has already been registered, you can uninstall and re-install MMC from the link provided without having to re-register.
  • The UDID does not change when you update to new versions of iOS, or even when you do an Erase all Content and Settings. However, If you get rid of your device and get a new device, you will need to re-register the new UDID.
  • This is entirely free, and you don't need to include any proof of purchase.
I'm excited that we're able to get this app back on iOS for another year (hopefully)!
Many thanks to Jacoats, DanITman, and bryankennedy2 who did the bulk of the work!

Fin745

Post by Fin745 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi RyC I PM you over a week ago, just making sure you’re still working on manual approvals?

Thanks.

RyC

Post by RyC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Fin745 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 pm Hi RyC I PM you over a week ago, just making sure you’re still working on manual approvals?

Thanks.
Yes, sorry been a busy week. I'll get to the outstanding ones tonight!

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Thank you ! I still use this app multiple times a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarnold51

Post by sarnold51 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:08 am

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I have been worried that I would not find this page again. I am so glad that you did this again. I do use the app all the time and appreciate your efforts keeping MMC functioning on my iPhone.

billmich

Post by billmich » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Thank you for the update patch,

If the app becomes non-functional with a future IOS update, would it be advisable to 'roll back' to a previous IOS update? I keep my old iPhones after I upgrade to a new device, I would then be able to access the app remotely through those.

I understand that "EVENTUALLY' this is going to die off, but hopefully much later than sooner

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Simply Said... You are a God.. Thank you for the patch as I thought we were cooked.

RedlineMods

Post by RedlineMods » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:25 pm

Thank you in advance. Coming from android to apple and this is the only app I truly miss. Looking forward to having it again.

dnsacks

Post by dnsacks » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 am

THANKS!!!! re=registration worked w/o hitch and back in business :)

Isberth

Post by Isberth » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Hello and many thanx for your help. My MC runs with my iphone XS.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

swethog

Post by swethog » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:33 pm

PM sent. BTW this process did not work for my iPhone X with iOS 12.1.4. Had to use Device Manager in Windows to get it.

If you have an earlier device, use this website: https://betafamily.com/superudid

Looking forward to getting MMC back on my phone.

RyC

Post by RyC » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:19 am

Sorry for the delay getting the latest round of UDIDs on the list. Apple forced developer accounts to set up two factor authentication and I'm still setting that up. Trying to keep my personal and MMC Apple IDs separate on my devices.

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Wed May 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks to RyC for his continuing work on this project. This is too good a piece of software to lose.

Has anyone had this problem? I just got a new iPad Pro, running iOS 12.2. I sent in my UDID and got RyC's confirmation. I clicked on the link, and the homepage showed the program being downloaded and installed. When finished, the icon for My MC continued to show a small cloud icon near the name, and when I clicked on the My MC icon, the iPad displayed a message that the program was no longer in the App Store and did I want to keep or delete it. I selected "keep." I waited a day and tried it again, with the same results.

Thanks to any who can help with this.
Dean L. Surkin

RyC

Post by RyC » Wed May 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Let me look into that, I may have messed up a step in the build process...

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Thu May 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Thank you, RyC.
Dean L. Surkin

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Any update on the issue I reported? Thanks.
Dean L. Surkin

swethog

Post by swethog » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

PM sent, got a new phone with a new UDID.

kdurbin82

Post by kdurbin82 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm

I sent a PM and an e-mail. Not sure if you are getting them. Would love to have my UDIDs activated for the development app.
RIP WMC

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm so sorry for the delay everyone, I got a new Mac and had to get everything set up again but I'll process everyone today. PM me again if for some reason I miss you!

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm

I'm happy to report that MMC seems to be working in the released version of iOS 13! Hopefully we have another year's reprieve.