Override downloaded lineup channel number and station

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
ronster87155

HTPC Specs: Show details

Override downloaded lineup channel number and station

Post by ronster87155 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:03 pm

I have two lineups for the Spectrum cable in my area. However both of them have incorrect information for a couple dozen channels. The content that I download matches what is shown from the cable provider but this does not match the channels that I am seeing from my Ceton Cable tuner. For example: The lineup says that CW is on tuner channel 7 but its actually on channel 4. When channel 7 is showing Univision should actually appear on channel 11.

I tried reassigning the channel number and the call sign the client tool. Doing this shifted the station to the correct channel number but it did not fix the guide because it appears to still have a different "Service name". Ex. changed the number for initial channel 7 to 11. This shifted the univision to appear on channel 11 but the guide still showed as being CW but now on channel 11. Changing the call sign for the channel did not seem to work either.

I also tried to create a custom lineup to remap just the stations that have this issue. I had the downloaded lineup and custom lineup enabled but that also did not seem to work.

Basically I have a lineup with incorrect information and would like to make changes to override the information being download to shift the channel and guide information to a different location.

Is there a way to do this?

Ron

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:00 pm

You're trying the right things, just not in the right way.

Client Tool:
For these instructions, make sure the 'Guide Channels with [Original Labels/Custom Labels]' is set to [Original Labels].

You can manually map the listings in the client tool. In your example, click channel 4 on the left side to highlight it and right-click the CW channel (channel 7) on the right side and select 'Subscribe'. The CW listings will now be mapped to channel 4. If you want the channel number in the guide to match the channel number in the downloaded lineup, then right-click the channel on the left side and click 'Renumber'.

I think what you were missing when you were trying it was that changing the number/name does nothing for your guide listings. The custom number you enter is only for guide display and doesn't change anything else. When you select channel 7 in the guide, it will still tune to channel 4 (which was renumbered to channel 7). Also, the automatch routine does not recognize custom numbers so it will always map channel 7 in the lineup to the original channel 7 and not the custom channel 7.

Custom Lineup:
This one is a little harder to explain. You can do all this with a custom lineup but you need to realize that the custom lineup is separate from your cable lineup. I don't know how you set up the custom lineup, but the key will be to disable download of those stations in your main cable lineup. The custom lineup will automatically download the stations you enter into it if they are avaialable in any other lineups you are subscribed to. By disabling the stations in the main lineup, you are preventing the stations with incorrect channel numbers from being downloaded so that the "new" stations from your custom lineup can be used for automatic mapping to your tuner channels.

Using the example you provided, the custom lineup should have CW on channel 4. In the client, you can select your custom lineup on the right side and click the Match by: [# Number] button on the left side to map your custom lineup channels to your tuner channels... or you can manually match them like the above instructions for the client tool.

I really hope all this makes sense.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

ronster87155

Post by ronster87155 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 am

I did as you suggested in the Client Tool Configuration and it worked like a charm. Being an engineering type I don't typically ask for help. I spent the better part of a weekend trying to get this to work but never realized you could remap by clicking an item on both sides of the client GUI. Now some of the information in the EPG123 User Guide under "Matching Lineup Service to Guide Channels" makes sense.

Thanks for the assistance!!

As many have stated on this forum your efforts are GREATLY appreciated!

Ron :D

Space

Post by Space » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:36 am

It's great that you got this working, but if the lineup on SD is incorrect, it might be a good idea to let them know so they can correct it.

It seems like you are also saying that your lineup differs from the official lineup on the Spectrum site? If so, it seems line Spectrum also needs to update their lineup on the website.