Incorrect Channels Showing

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
kranenburg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Incorrect Channels Showing

Post by kranenburg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody else is seeing this. For about two weeks now I see local stations (low def) from a different region. I should get San Luis Obispo (CA) guide, but I see Fresno. It is only the low numbers that are incorrect. The 700 group is fine. The issue changed a bit over the weekend, now the low channels are correct, but the channels I usually don't have still show Fresno. For example my regular lineup is 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12,13. I see those channels now correct in the guide, but I also see 2, 6, 7, 10, although when I select these channels nothing shows up.
Now here is the kicker: It is also happening on TVGuide.com, the TV Guide App and even in Passport on the decoder (I have a decoder in one room of the house). I am sure it is something Rovi is doing, but is my region the only one seeing this, or are there more regions this is happening? I am a Spectrum customer, but the fact that TV Guide shows the same crap lets me believe there is more to it.
I wanted to submit a request to Rovi, but I have to create an account and I didn't feel like it. Has anybody contacted Rovi about this, or is there a way to get in touch with them without having an account?
Favorite quotes: The single and double. I've used them "daily".

Space

Post by Space » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:12 am

You can send email to Rovi to get changes made, but unless you are missing channels in the guide, or have channels with the incorrect guide, I wouldn't bother.

Just disable the channels you don't receive. It is better to have those channels in the guide because you can't tune to them if they are not in the guide, and if some day you DO get programming on one of those channels, you can at least watch it until they update the guide with the proper channel info. Otherwise there would be no guide entry for that channel and you wouldn't even be able to watch it until they added the channel to the guide.

But if you really want it corrected, you can send email to lineup@tivo.com.

kranenburg

Post by kranenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback Space, I'll just leave it as is.
Favorite quotes: The single and double. I've used them "daily".

dorothytillery

Post by dorothytillery » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:29 pm

I think that this problem has been discussed somewhere else... at least, I remember something like that! Any ideas to solve the issue?