Missing audio of person speaking

pdean

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing audio of person speaking

Post by pdean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:38 am

I recently had to disconnect the setup of my media center which I have done before but this time whatever I try I am missing audio of tv of a person speaking. I have an old setup of an Intel DG965WH motherboard and an analog audio connection to a Sony STRDH540 receiver. I connect them using an old computer speaker company audio cable group of multiple cables labeled for what each cable is meant to pass. I have two cables connected to the TV R & L audio of the audio receiver and then three cables connected to my motherboard audio ports. I have always been confused on the audio ports of the motherboard but have once again looked at the motherboard manual and experimenting and still miss the center channel. I made no changes to any programs on my computer. When I do the media center sound setup I am missing the center speaker. I have done this before every so many years and never had this problem.

I know my system is old but want to keep it because I even question the life of the windows media center guide and I am running win 7. I wonder about trying another set of audio cables but how do I connect the two audio ports of the receiver to three audio ports of the computer. I have used digital audio before but could not control the audio level with the standard microsoft remote. I guess I need to go to digital audio to be able to hear speaking. Can anyone tell me what audio jacks I need to be using on the motherboard. According to the manual B or the yellowish jack is for center.

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Hit info when watching a show... Slide over a few and look for SAP. I would bet you have Secondary Audio programming enabled. Shut it off and try again.

This is the most common thing for issues like this to happen where SAP is enabled and they are not broadcasting over SAP.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012