Invalid Application

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
rannydoscoe

HTPC Specs: Show details

Invalid Application

Post by rannydoscoe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 pm

I've recently developed issues opening Emby for WMC and also with showing mheg related content in LiveTV in WMC v8.8.1 in Win10.

I get an error in WMC saying Invalid Application - Unable to launch "MhegAddIin" or "emby" and a checkbox to disable them. Has anyone had this error? I'm wondering if my install of WMC is corrrupted somehow, I've tried reinstalling emby without success.

I've had Windows udates installed recently too and wondered if that's another possible cause KB4093112 and KB4099989. It was fine until around a week ago. I also have started using a vb scheduled task to restore Green Button functionality (found on my digital life).

I'm at a loss with this error!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:58 am

I have never experienced this exact problem. Mheg appears to be a UK only problem, associated with interactive TV.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would reinstall the interactive TV add-in.

Here is some info on mheg.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Profile_of_MHEG-5

I have seen the invalid application error with other applications. Unable to Launch "Ceton Otay" has popped up here at the green button several times in the past. Use the search button in the top right corner to see how that one was solved. This might help you solve unable to Launch "mheg"

rannydoscoe

Post by rannydoscoe » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks, I ended up reinstalling v8.8.1 and everything works again, probably some files were corrupted!

rannydoscoe

Post by rannydoscoe » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 pm

I just found that Avast had detected ehexthost.exe as a threat and moved it to the vault! This may have been the cause of my issues, adding this in case anyone else has this problem...