v1.1.25 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:56 am

ViperJohn wrote:
garyan2 wrote: What is currently frustrating is Viper sent me his WMC backup where I could recreate not only his series requests, but also his tuner and lineup configurations.
My HTPC runs 32 bit Win7 and I would bet your test system is 64 bit Win7. I have both 32 and 64 bit W7 systems and have been bit hard by a program common to both behaving differently in the unexpected/puzzling ways. Just a thought.

Viper
Okay, kind of cryptic.

You are right, my VM is 64-bit ... I'll try to get it to fail on the 32-bit VM but I don't expect any differences. Is there something special about your setup? ... have you set a different language or region that may affect how strings are compared?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:56 am

Can't get it to fail on 32-bit either. How about which .NET framework(s) you have installed?
- Gary

Randyored

Post by Randyored » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:23 am

Win 7 WMC - Ceton 4 tuner with Echo extender

Just upgraded from 1.1.9 to 1.1.25. Everything seems OK with the exception of the guide about (Settings>TV>Guide>About Guide Listings) shows:

Electronic Program Guide in 123 v1.1.9 (v1.1.25 Available)

The whole event lines in the log shows 1.1.25. Not sure what is going on.

UPDATE:
OK, wait, I just shut down the Echo, waited 10 sec, and restarted the Echo. About screen updated! YAY!

Never mind! False alarm! Carry on!

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm

garyan2 wrote:If you created any series recordings while using v1.1.20 – v1.1.24, please check your schedule to see if they are still working after updating with v1.1.25. If not, you will have to cancel the current request and create a new one.
Hi Gary!

I don't know if you recall all the crazy things that were happening to me around the end of February through the end of March, but the summation of those issues is that since then I've been going through canceling and recreating a number of scheduled recordings as they come up.

You released this version late in the evening of 3/21 and earlier that day I had updated to v1.1.24 and have been performing those deletes and recreates ever since. Right now I'm "fairly" confident that I've performed all the deletes and recreates from my previous scheduled recordings and have added new recordings during that time. All of this on v1.1.24.

What are the chances that I'll have to go through that process again if I update to v1.1.25 (because I really don't want to go through that again)?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:12 pm

StinkyImp wrote:
garyan2 wrote:If you created any series recordings while using v1.1.20 – v1.1.24, please check your schedule to see if they are still working after updating with v1.1.25. If not, you will have to cancel the current request and create a new one.
Hi Gary!

I don't know if you recall all the crazy things that were happening to me around the end of February through the end of March, but the summation of those issues is that since then I've been going through canceling and recreating a number of scheduled recordings as they come up.

You released this version late in the evening of 3/21 and earlier that day I had updated to v1.1.24 and have been performing those deletes and recreates ever since. Right now I'm "fairly" confident that I've performed all the deletes and recreates from my previous scheduled recordings and have added new recordings during that time. All of this on v1.1.24.

What are the chances that I'll have to go through that process again if I update to v1.1.25 (because I really don't want to go through that again)?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
Just to be safe, I would NOT update to v1.1.25. Wait for the next release which will set all your series requests "anyLanguage" attribute to TRUE so that the "prototypicalLanguage" value won't be an issue. There is no difference between v1.1.24 and v1.1.25 other than changing the prototypicalLanguage from "en" back to "English".
- Gary

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm

I recently upgraded one of my HTPCs from 1.18 to 1.25 using the video tutorial. I didn't have any recordings scheduled on that HTPC so I didn't lose anything there. To make a long story short, upgrading the version from anything pre-1.20 by starting from scratch and deleting the eHome directory turned out to be a huge mistake. I jumped through numerous hoops and countless TV signal setups in WMC before it would successfully import the guide data again. I just upgraded EPG123 on my main HTPC from 1.19 to 1.25, but this time I just performed a backup and then ran EPG123.exe and everything went smooth as silk. I started to run the EPG123 client app, but when it prompted me to clear the eHome directory I balked at it and decided to try it the way I described. I did rerun the WMC TV signal setup prior to upgrading EPG123, but that was because WMC wasn't recognizing all of my tuners for some reason so I had to rerun Tuner Salad to increase the tuner limit. Once it recognized all of my tuners I ran the EPG123 setup and downloaded the latest guide data. I increased the number of days from 14 to 18 and it now shows guide data out to May 5th with the version of EPG123 as 1.25.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pm

captain_video wrote:I recently upgraded one of my HTPCs from 1.18 to 1.25 using the video tutorial. I didn't have any recordings scheduled on that HTPC so I didn't lose anything there. To make a long story short, upgrading the version from anything pre-1.20 by starting from scratch and deleting the eHome directory turned out to be a huge mistake. I jumped through numerous hoops and countless TV signal setups in WMC before it would successfully import the guide data again. I just upgraded EPG123 on my main HTPC from 1.19 to 1.25, but this time I just performed a backup and then ran EPG123.exe and everything went smooth as silk. I started to run the EPG123 client app, but when it prompted me to clear the eHome directory I balked at it and decided to try it the way I described. I did rerun the WMC TV signal setup prior to upgrading EPG123, but that was because WMC wasn't recognizing all of my tuners for some reason so I had to rerun Tuner Salad to increase the tuner limit. Once it recognized all of my tuners I ran the EPG123 setup and downloaded the latest guide data. I increased the number of days from 14 to 18 and it now shows guide data out to May 5th with the version of EPG123 as 1.25.
Sorry, but I guess I should broadcast this a bit better. An upgrade of EPG123 does not require anything more than installing the software over the current installation. There is no need to perform a full, start from scratch, installation.

Also, next release will automatically increase the tuner limit to 32 during Step 1. There will no longer be a need to run TunerSalad.
- Gary

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Personally I think any settings like this should be left off by default and kept to the tweak screen for those that want it.

It should be a user’s choice on whether or not to apply non-standard tweaks.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:34 am

IT Troll wrote:Personally I think any settings like this should be left off by default and kept to the tweak screen for those that want it.

It should be a user’s choice on whether or not to apply non-standard tweaks.
Normally I would agree, but in this case the "tweak" is totally transparent and doesn't change how WMC works, just increases the number of tuners it will allow to be set up. Since there are popular 6-tuner hardware out there, and more coming, this will streamline and improve the customer experience. No harm and all benefit. If you don't have more than 4 tuners, you will never know the tweak was actually applied.
- Gary

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:37 pm

garyan2 wrote:Sorry, but I guess I should broadcast this a bit better. An upgrade of EPG123 does not require anything more than installing the software over the current installation. There is no need to perform a full, start from scratch, installation.

Also, next release will automatically increase the tuner limit to 32 during Step 1. There will no longer be a need to run TunerSalad.
I had previously assumed that all I needed to do was install EPG123 over the previous version and that was it. I viewed the installation video and decided to go that route instead. Fortunately it was on a HTPC that's only used for live TV viewing so I didn't screw with any scheduled recordings.

I don't know what happened with my setup, but the other night I was having a problem recording an OTA program and it said there was a tuner conflict. I can only assume it was because somehow the tuner limit got reset back to default.

Will the new tuner limit be set just by installing the latest version of EPG123 over a previous version? I don't want to have to do a new install from scratch again.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:36 pm

captain_video wrote:I don't know what happened with my setup, but the other night I was having a problem recording an OTA program and it said there was a tuner conflict. I can only assume it was because somehow the tuner limit got reset back to default.

Will the new tuner limit be set just by installing the latest version of EPG123 over a previous version? I don't want to have to do a new install from scratch again.
The tuner limit change is only used when performing a TV Setup. After that, I don't believe it has any affect so I don't think that could have been your issue.

I don't plan on including this limit increase in the setup program ... too many things that can go wrong / too many things to verify before attempting. If at any time you are concerned about the tuner limit, you can use the client Tweak WMC button to then increase the tuner limit again.
- Gary