TubeCore dead. Now what?

Doctor Feelgood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:07 pm

Anyone have a link to a download for Tubecore? What is the latest - 2.11?

Just got the lifetime premium deal from PlayOn, and it seems pretty nice with the recording and commercial skip options in there - would like to give it another shot with WMC.

dougfoot

Post by dougfoot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:55 am

I have tubecore, it scans for upnp devices. PlayOn 4.0.7 works fine...

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Hmmm, I'll have to try it again. On my extender (pretty sure I tried it on my PC as well, but can't remember) I was getting a message that it was an unsupported device. I emailed MediaMall about it and they confirmed that it probably wouldn't work, although that was based on misinformation.

"...while we're not actively blocking its use, Tubecore hasn't worked with PlayOn (at least for most folks) in quite some time. Since it's no longer being updated, unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do."

I was going to reply back with, "no, that's BS," but I didn't want to poke the bear since 3.10.54 works perfectly and I didn't want that to change. Perhaps there was something wonky with that initial build and they released something the next day that fixed it.(?)

Regardless, in the spirit of the thread and kind of getting it back on track, does anyone know of any new initiatives that bring PlayOn to Windows Media Center and Extenders?

golaat

Post by golaat » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:29 pm

In case anyone is interested, here is a download link for tubecore:
http://www.unknownrealm.org/files/WMC/t ... latest.exe

message me if you are interested in my license.

advacomp

Post by advacomp » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:57 am

I just downloaded the latest version (4.0.35) and it still does not work with WMC Extenders, says not supported. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:29 pm

4.0.50. Works fine with TubeCore on the Media Center PC, but does not work with Extender. Same PlayOn message with the Emby plugin too, so it's not TubeCore, it's PlayOn itself. I can use PlayOn through the Xbox 360 DLNA interface, but not through Media Center. PlayOn is really frustrating me now. I opened another ticket with them, but it looks like I'll be downgrading again to 3.10.54 and just live without the PBS channel.

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Although it appears no one here still uses TubeCore, I figured I'd post a little update for the sake of archiving and helping the struggling silent observers. Recently, YouTube stopped working with PlayOn 3.10.54, which was the last thing I was using in my setup that still worked. I figured there was no point in not upgrading anymore and I would just use the Xbox 360 interface (which is terrible. It alphabetizes all PlayOn lists, completely ignoring custom sorts!). Being the curious type, at the end of the night, I loaded up TubeCore in the 360 WMC inerface and drilled down to a video. IT WORKED! I guess MediaMall decided to fix the incompatibility (or lift the restriction, though they claimed they did not purposely restrict the Xbox 360 Media Center interface).

So, I'm happy to report that PlayOn version 4.2.94.17887 does work with Xbox 360 media center (at least all the channels that I've tried/care about do)!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Ladies and Gentalmen, Tubecore still works!! :D

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:06 am

I should be clear that I haven't been able to activate it yet but after some initial poking around, I've found a few installed on dates in the registry. If the trial period is dependent on those dates then maybe I can change them. If someone has another idea about how to activate this, or knows the dev then please speak up.

Dean

Post by Dean » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 pm

jachin99 wrote:Ladies and Gentalmen, Tubecore still works!! :D
Cool, I'll give it a try. YouTube TV via chrome is a little clunky and doesn't work too well with my remote.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Anyone have a tubecore license they would be willing to give away and/or sell for a reasonable price? (Also the install files would be a nice + as well.)

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm about halfway through solving the activation issue. If the dev wants to sell me a key I'll gladly pay but unless that happens I need to get this activated within the next ten days. My understanding is that the dev and playing themselves had an argument so he or she abandoned it.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

If anyone has a tubecore liscence I would like to see what the format looks like, I.E. how many characters are in the license key, and how are those characters formatted? You can either share this in a format like xxx-xxx-xxxx or just re-arange for change the characters. I have tubecore broken down to source code, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put it all back together. FYI I'm also looking at the playon plugin for Emby, which looks really promising.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

This plugin I believe loads the current system time inside of a .dll file, and compares it to the install date in order to figure out how much time is left on your trial. What this means is if you dial your system time back to whatever date ( I chose 1 year), your trial period will reflect that change (for me it was 399 days). One interesting thing that tubecore comes with is a dvrms conversion tool. I haven't tried it out so I can't comment on what it does buy my guess would be that it converts your playon recordings to dvrms recordings. I can't be sure if it even works anymore but there's what I know.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:36 am

My liscence expired, and I was never able to activate tubecore. It still works fine for me but I haven't tried to download any videos using tubecore if such a thing ever existed. I have also tried the emby plugin for playon, and this seems more reliable. This is the only way I know of to add On Demand streaming for cable services to WMC. Tubecore's worst quality is that it takes about 30 seconds to start playing a video I believe becuase it needs to load at least that much in advance in order to have a reliable fast forward. You can configure more fast forward time but no less than about 30 to 60 seconds I believe. Its still a very useful plugin in my book :D

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:06 am

Setup your network like I suggested before and use emby server. Static UP for the host, port forward host to external UP.

Live TV over WAN. As well as your library.

Pm me, you can take mine for a spin

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:26 am

I actually have most of this setup. I can watch live TV with Emby and server WMC on my fridge!! I'm starting to setup a new user profile on the machine that is giving me library issues, and this is resolving a few problems. I'll P.M. you sometime soon to take yours for a spin anyway though because I'm always that guy that knows how to set this stuff up, and I've never met someone in person who plays with media PCs like I do. Right now I'm chasing down issues with game browser over on the emby forums.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 pm

I've been out of trial for this for quite a while, and it still works pretty good. I haven't tried to record anything or play any playon recordings with it because I use it as a substitute for On Demand TV. I also see here https://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index ... -released/ that tubecore is a client for TVersity (Similar to playon), and I haven't tried that yet. TVersity servers also claim screen mirroring, which could be interesting. See here http://tversity.com/download/features/#toc_1 I looked at their support forums, and I see some recent activity so It looks like their still in business, which is always useful.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sat May 04, 2019 8:55 am

I am still looking to get a tubecore license if anyone isn't using theirs. : D