Re-Recording already watched shows

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
p0lar

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re-Recording already watched shows

Post by p0lar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:30 pm

I just installed EPG123 and it's awesome. one thing I need to resolve now is that it's recording a lot of the shows I have already watched. I have checked the history and I still have 2325 shows in the history as recorded/deleted but I'm still getting every episode of NCIS for example re-recorded like I have not watched them. I tried unchecking the add season/episode to the title and no change.

thoughts?

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 pm

So i don't think there is a way around this as the show ids between rovi and gracenote are different. Therefore to WMC the show looks like one you haven't seen before even though it is already in the history.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 pm

I think this is happening because the series IDs and show IDs are different, now that you are using another guide data provider.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

p0lar

Post by p0lar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:43 pm

ok that makes sense. should I nuke my history and start over?

Space

Post by Space » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 am

That history to which you are referring is just a log and has nothing to do with the "recorded episodes" list that is associated with each Series and is used to determine if an episode has already been recorded in the past.

As far as I know there is no way to see the list of "recorded episodes" that is associated with each Series. You can delete this list on a per-Series basis by deleting the Series and recreating it.

You are already starting out with an empty "recorded episodes" list for each Series since you had to re-create each Series when you converted to EPG123.

The history log that is viewable via "view scheduled-> History" is actually a subset of the entries in the Windows "Event Viewer". If you "Clear History" in WMC, all it does is reset the "start pointer" to the current date so that when you "View History" after that it only displays the entries from the "Event Viewer" that were created after that "start pointer". So it doesn't really clear anything.

I believe by default the entries for WMC in the "Event Viewer" are set to delete old entries automatically after a certain amount of entries are written to the log. I don't recall how many entries it is set to, but it is configurable.