WMC suddenly cannot find tuners

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
pfranks

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC suddenly cannot find tuners

Post by pfranks » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:09 pm

everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago -- I noticed programs i thought i recorded had't. WMC cannot find my tuners. I have windows 10 fixed at ver 1511, wmc ver 12, HR Home run PRIME with Comcast Cablecards. The HD Home run finds tuners and works fine as always, network discovery is on. I tried
1) unintsalling and reinstalling WMC and HD Home run set up
2) reinstalling a disc image of my NUC from a time when WMC worked.
3) installing an earlier version of HD Home Run 20170612beta3 (cannot find an earlier version)

any thoughts
thanks
Peter Franks

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:02 am

here is a link to the one you need to have WMC hdhomerun service install on windows 10 http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/TV-Tun ... 0826.shtml

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm

I recently had to reinstall windows and set up WMC from scratch. I had problems finding the tuners also until I installed these drivers for the HDHomeRun. Try to get these drivers: hdhomerun_windows_20150826.exe.

pfranks

Post by pfranks » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm

thanks guys
its possible that my problems started with an update to the homerun drivers
if i go back --- then the homerun dvr wont work properly.
i had bought a subscription to the homerun dvr/program guide--- which worked ok (interface not optimal from my perspective)
i also had problems with the wmc program guide (rovi) so i bought a subscription to schedules direct and installed epg123
that all seemed to work well within WMC (both the newer homerun and wmc worked for a while - i dont understand this)
so now it seems i have to choose between homerun DVR and WMC........! (

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:31 pm

pfranks wrote:thanks guys
its possible that my problems started with an update to the homerun drivers
if i go back --- then the homerun dvr wont work properly.
i had bought a subscription to the homerun dvr/program guide--- which worked ok (interface not optimal from my perspective)
i also had problems with the WMC program guide (rovi) so i bought a subscription to schedules direct and installed epg123
that all seemed to work well within WMC (both the newer homerun and WMC worked for a while - i dont understand this)
so now it seems i have to choose between homerun DVR and WMC........! (
The newer drivers definitely do not work with WMC and if it is required for the HomeRun DVR, then yes you have a choice to make. I'd probably go with the HomeRun DVR since WMC is getting harder and harder to keep alive. Let me know how that HomeRun DVR works for you, because eventually I will probably move to it also.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 pm

It may be possible to manually register the service which involves a string of commands in powershell, definitely not the easiest task but possible with newer drivers. I wish I had the same sentiment about the home run dvr, DRM has been broken on prime viewer since android marshmallow for viewing live tv, dvr has never even been possible on protected content despite the promise from the beginning close to 3 years ago.