Logos and Ceton App

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
swinn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Logos and Ceton App

Post by swinn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:07 pm

I have EPG123 working but have a couple of questions.

I'm using the server/client model with EPG123 v1.1.10. The server is running on Windows Server 2012 and I have two clients running Windows 7.

1. I was using MCL and big logos before but I wanted to try pushing out the logos using EPG123. I found that I had to edit epg123.cfg and change BigLogosMCLX to true in order for the big logos to be encoded into the mxf file. I did not see any GUI option to toggle that setting. Did I miss something?

2. I use the Ceton Media Center app on our phones to manage the media centers remotely. With MCL, it would show the logos correctly in the app. When I was setting EPG123 up to push out the logos, I cleared all logos in MCL first. Then did a update in EPG123 then imported the mxf file on the client. The logos show correctly in media center, but in the Ceton app there are no logos shown. Is this a bug in EPG123 or is MCL doing something extra to make this work?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:43 pm

swinn wrote:1. I was using MCL and big logos before but I wanted to try pushing out the logos using EPG123. I found that I had to edit epg123.cfg and change BigLogosMCLX to true in order for the big logos to be encoded into the mxf file. I did not see any GUI option to toggle that setting. Did I miss something?
No, you didn't miss anything. I noted it on the website but there is nothing in the GUI or the guide. I've taken this approach with the "advanced" settings expecting to add that information somewhere ... haven't figured out where/how.
swinn wrote:2. I use the Ceton Media Center app on our phones to manage the media centers remotely. With MCL, it would show the logos correctly in the app. When I was setting EPG123 up to push out the logos, I cleared all logos in MCL first. Then did a update in EPG123 then imported the mxf file on the client. The logos show correctly in media center, but in the Ceton app there are no logos shown. Is this a bug in EPG123 or is MCL doing something extra to make this work?
I do the same thing and here is what is going on. For each station logo in the mxf file, there are 2 things epg123 embeds in the file; the URI filepath to the logo and the string encoded logo itself. The string encoded logo allows all the clients to present the logos without having access to the original picture file. The problem is with MMC and the filepath ... MMC does not use the string encoded logo but only uses the filepath reference. Since your MMC server resides on one of your clients, the logos are not on the client for MMC to source to your phones. It will look for file c:\epg123\logos\CNNHD.png and not find it - so no logo.

The fix is to either copy the logos folder from the server to whatever client is running the MMC server and keep in mind the folder structure has to be the same for it to work.

If Windows Server 2012 logos are located at:
C:\ServerFolders\epg123\logos

Client MMC Server must have logos located at:
C:\ServerFolders\epg123\logos
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

swinn

Post by swinn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Awesome! I'll fix my update scripts. Thanks for the info.