Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:27 am

Is anyone still working on links to stuff, or have a place to upload programs to ? As we all know http://mikinho.com is no more, and he had some really good tools on there, we should be able to assemble the apps he had but, we need a place to upload them to.

I saw that a bunch of links are dead again, so we need to go through the plugins and check for dead ones, add it to the dead list or update it to a new location to download.

I know there is other apps that are out there but, we still have to get them on there.

I know WMC is almost dead but, I still use it every day and still see a need for apps for it..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Anyone find anything else ? Let's keep this thread going...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

KevinRush

Post by KevinRush » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:45 pm

DavidinCT wrote:Is anyone still working on links to stuff, or have a place to upload programs to ? As we all know http://mikinho.com is no more, and he had some really good tools on there, we should be able to assemble the apps he had but, we need a place to upload them to.

I saw that a bunch of links are dead again, so we need to go through the plugins and check for dead ones, add it to the dead list or update it to a new location to download.

I know there is other apps that are out there but, we still have to get them on there.

I know WMC is almost dead but, I still use it every day and still see a need for apps for it..
----------
I hope this thread can continue and that we can find a place to upload the apps and tools to so they are available.

- Old man: I’m not quite dead yet!
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Best Wishes,
Kevin

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 am

Yeah, it is getting a little tough to find things on that list that are still active. I'm willing to host a read-only bandwidth limited FTP with what I have. Let me know if you guys would be interested in something like that?
Note: There is a chance a that some select people might get upload privileges as well, or if I feel uncomfortable giving you upload access I'll ask you to upload it to dropbox, google drive, media fire ect. Then I'll download and scan it then move it to the FTP if it comes back clean. : ) Not that I don't trust or guys or anything but better safe than sorry. : D
-Sharks

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 pm

I can't speak for anyone else but I would like something like that.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:35 am

Update:
The FTP server is setup and seems to be functioning to my liking if you would like access please PM me a relatively strong password (That you don't use for anything else.) and I'll get accounts setup.
Thanks,
-Sharks

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 am

Update 2: I spoke too soon it seems like FTP doesn't like NAT routers, the server computer is also having another issue so this item has been put on hold until that problem gets solved as it defeats the purpose of getting the FTP working. : S

Thank you all for your patience.

-Sharks

STC

Post by STC » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Sharks, have you considered using something like Dropbox for this?
You could allow guests read only access for cleared files as well as upload capability to quarantine.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:48 pm

One add-on I haven't seen mentioned on the website is Media Center Control. The link is still good so here it is: http://mediacentercontrol.com/en/index_android.php
I tried installing it but it seemed to break all my remote control buttons. so backup and use with caution. I think I'll give it another try sometime soon.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Nevermind, I got it working.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Another controller app for WMC

https://mcec.codeplex.com/

MCE Controller lets you control a Windows HTPC (or any PC) over the network. It runs in the background listening on the network (or serial port) for commands. It then translates those commands into actions such as keystrokes, text input, and the starting of programs. Any remote control, home control system, or application that can send text strings via TCP/IP or a serial port can use MCE Controller to control a Windows PC.

For example:
The command `mcestart` will cause the Windows Media Center application to start. This is equivalent to pressing the green button on the Windows remote control.
The command `maximize` will cause the current window to be maximized on the display. This is equivalent to choosing the "Maximize" button on the window's window menu.
The command `chars:Hello World!` will cause the text "Hello World" to be typed, as though it were typed on the keyboard.
The command `VK_MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK` will cause the currently running media player app (Spotify, Windows Media Player, etc...) to jump to the next media track, just as if the user had pressed the "next track" key on the keyboard.
The commands that MCE Controller support is extensible through a configuration file. If it does not natively support a function you wish, you can add new commands easily.

MCE Controller was initially developed to enable integration of a Windows based home theater PC (HTPC) into a Crestron whole-house audio/video system. However, it is general enough that others have used it within other control system that support sending text strings to a TCP/IP port.

MCE Controller works great with any remote control system that supports TCP/IP or RS-232 connections. Examples include:

iRule – iRule is an iPhone/iPad app that turns your iPhone/iPad into a universal remote control for your home. See this tutorial on how to use MCE Controller and iRule together.
Crestron – Crestron provides high-end/commercial-grade control systems for homes and businesses. Crestron’s systems provide rich support for controlling devices over the network. Integrating MCE Controller with Crestron is as simple as creating a TCP/IP Client in Crestron and defining a buffer with commands.
Premise Home Control – Premise (formerly known as SYS) is an extremely sophisticated Windows based home control system. Originally built by some ex-Microsoft people and later sold to Lantronix and then Motorola, Premise is not officially supported, but usage remains strong and there is a great community on www.coccontech.com. MCE Controller works great with Premise.
Below are some of the scenarios users have reported they’ve found MCE Controller useful for:

Controlling Windows Media Center. This is what MCE Controller was originally intended for, hence the name (the first version of Windows Media Center shipped with a version of Windows called “Windows Media Center Edition” aka MCE).
General Remote PC Management. For example remotely shutting down or restarting a PC.
Enhanced XBMC Control. XBMC is an open source competitor to Windows Media Center. It supports it’s own network based control system, but when running on Windows, MCE Controller can be used in conjunction with XBMC to control non-XBMC specific PC functions.
Features

Can act as a TCP/IP client or server. Supports any number of simultaneous clients.
Can act as a serial server listening on RS-232 COM port.
Supports simulating key presses (e.g. Alt-Tab, or Win-S) with `SendInput` commands.
Supports simulating the mouse.
Supports simulating Windows messages (e.g. `WM_SYSCOMMAND` / `SC_MAXIMIZE`) with `SendMessage` commands.
Supports simulating start process commands (e.g. run `notepad.exe`) with the `StartProcess` command.
Supports simulating changing the window focus with the `SetForegroundWindow` command.
Supports sending text (e.g. simulating typing) with the `chars:` command.
`MCEController.commands` includes common Windows Media Center commands. It can easily be extended to suit your needs.
Supports running multiple instances.
Can start minimized as a taskbar icon. This can be changed in Settings...
Has a built-in test mode that makes it easy to send commands from an instance of MCE Controller to another.
Automatically checks to see if newer versions are available.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 pm

jachin99 wrote:Another controller app for WMC

https://mcec.codeplex.com/

MCE Controller lets you control a Windows HTPC (or any PC) over the network. It runs in the background listening on the network (or serial port) for commands. It then translates those commands into actions such as keystrokes, text input, and the starting of programs. Any remote control, home control system, or application that can send text strings via TCP/IP or a serial port can use MCE Controller to control a Windows PC.
I used this for a bit on my Pronto Pro remote (it has wi-fi support), so it would send remote codes over Wi-fi... It works very well. My only problem on my remote was that it sleeps and shuts off wi-fi, so if I was watching like a 2 hour movie with out touching the remote, it would not work right away.

In case you have not seen, I still am a WMC fan, so I made my remote look like WMC....

https://twitter.com/TheCoolDave/status/ ... 9459681280

I ripped a few parts from the DIM theme and riped them from WMC and did all the exta work in Photoshop.

This is a older video, its more done now...but, gives you an idea on where I went with it..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:02 pm

We should revisit this thread and wake it back up. Any new apps anyone find that works ? How about older apps that needed to be modified to get working ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:54 pm

I actually have about ten or fifteen WMC plugins that work fine. One app I'm really on the lookout for is My Recipies for MCE. I haven't been able to find a download though. Emu Center is working pretty good, and tubecore, along with macrotube also still work. And remote potato. I wish I could find someone that has mc shoutcast working also.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:59 am

I have MC Shoutcast installer in x64 and the AACPlus plugin. Last I ran it though It wasn't working all that well anymore. I also have an old Radio Time installer of MCE.
newfiend~

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 am

http://hack7mc.blogspot.com/2009/01/bri ... a.html?m=1. I haven't tried this yet. I also have an iTunes plugin that came with my Linksys extender I haven't seen mentioned

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:31 am

jachin99 wrote:http://hack7mc.blogspot.com/2009/01/bri ... a.html?m=1. I haven't tried this yet. I also have an iTunes plugin that came with my Linksys extender I haven't seen mentioned
If you want/need the installer I have it. It requires a license (Serial #) though If I remember correctly..
newfiend~

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:57 am

How well does your mc shoutcast work? Does it just have a bunch of dead links or does it crash a lot

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:02 am

jachin99 wrote:How well does your mc shoutcast work? Does it just have a bunch of dead links or does it crash a lot
It used to work really well.. But last time I checked it had quite a few dead links. I haven't had it installed in quite some time honestly.
There are so many streaming options that work.. Pandora etc. & I have a pretty extensive music collection that I just play that instead.
If you're still interested in trying it out I can upload the installer to my OneDrive for you.. Just let me know.
newfiend~

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Go ahead and send me the mc shoutcast files. I've been looking around some, and I stumbled on this: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1198767. It doesn't install software but it does add streaming stations to your radio tile in MCE via MCL files. I also broke down the installer for radio time using Orca. Apparently it needs .net v1 and iis v 4 to run. i haven't tried yet but I'll stick all of that on a VM and see what happens. i would really like to get MC shoutcast working or at least parts of it because it has some really cool features. I threw pandora on my machines last night, and it does fine.