W7CallerID

Jathor9000

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Jathor9000 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:26 pm

Wilky13 wrote:
Jathor9000 wrote:
CharlieWayne wrote:Does this plugin work with Magic Jack? I'm not sure what the difference would be but note that other talking about issues with VoIP phone. (On another note, is there such thing as POTS anymore)

One other question was regarding USB adapters. What Hardware today will work with this plugin.

Thanks,
I use it with Magic Jack and it works great. I enjoy having caller-id on my main HTPC and on my extenders, it works well and I'm happy with it. However, if you make any changes to your system (I.E. add a new video card, or modem...etc...) it will require a new activation number. I had to request a new number form the developer and he responded very quickly.

Hope this helps...

Jathor9000
I have magic jack, an HTPC and Win7 CallerID. How do you get the magi jack caller ID to show up the HTPC/Win7 CallerID? So you have a CallerID capable modem in the HTPC? I bought one but it didn't work. Which one do you have?
@ Wilky13

Sorry about the delay, but I was deployed oversea's and had very limited access to internet. To answer your question, I use the USB Modem the developer recommends on his website http://w7callerid.com/modems.aspx

It works great once you have the modem and the W7CallerID program setup correctly. Just follow the directions and you'll be all set.

I have mine setup like this:

I use a Telephone Splitter that is inserted into the Magic Jack device (looks like this http://www.showmecables.com/product/Tel ... aight.aspx)

I then have one phone line that goes into my usb modem on my Microsoft HTPC, and the other phone line I plugged into one of my Telephone jacks on the wall so that all my house phones will ring. If you want all the phones within your house to ring you need to unplug the outside line from your internal phone network. Follow these directions for that: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... magicJack/

Thanks,

Jathor9000

rknox

Post by rknox » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:21 pm

I get this message when trying to start the Service: "The W7 Caller ID Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. ... ". I have tried reinstalling both Server app and MCE plugin. I saw another user had this problem on W8 but I am on 32 bit W7. It has been running for over 2 years (v 3.0.1) with no problems.

kc8emd

Post by kc8emd » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:50 am

Does anyone know where I can download the app called Notify Pro 0.3? This is the app that sends your phone caller id to W7CallerID over Wifi.

I just got a new phone and when I went to the Google play store, it was no longer there. I have searched everywhere an cannot find a download. If I didn't wipe my old phone I would have made an APK of the program. Any help would be appreciated.

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:28 pm

I have seen this issue in this thread with no solution - I have w7CallerID server set up. When testing the modem in the w7cid settings, I see calls coming in with the cid info. I never get a pop-up. This is on the PC where I have the modem and server installed. I have tried localhost, the pc name, and the ip address. Also, I do not see any calls in the log. I have disabled the firewall. I have deleted all the "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\W7CallerID" folder per a post on the w7cid websites forum.

Anyone ever figure out this problem?

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:51 pm

More info about my problem. When I test the modem in w7CID and call, it looks good:

AT#CID=1OK

RING

DATE=1014
TIME=1236
NMBR=7085555555
NAME=Doe John

RING

So that looks good right?

I checked the event viewer, and I see this error 2x when a call comes in:

Error in settings2: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at W7CallerIDService.W7CallerIDService.wRAXgco3nU()

JonB65

Post by JonB65 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:12 pm

I've been using W7CallerID for several years and love it. When my computer with the modem got upgraded to Windows 10, my account deactivated. I couldn't find the activation key and eventually decided to purchase again last week. At that point my browser seemed to hang and I never got the activation key. I've sent emails to support@w7callerid.com and also posted in their forums. No response.

Any suggestions? At this point my next step is to cancel the payment via PayPal.

Thanks.

hoiman

Post by hoiman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Personally, I would cancel the payment.

I rebuilt a machine a few weeks back (replaced the HDD) and lost my activation key. No response from the support email regarding re-sending the key.

I had stashed the replaced HDD and couldn't find it, so I had considered purchasing again. But I eventually found the old HDD and tossed it back in the machine to recover the key. Based on your experience, I'm glad I didn't attempt to re-purchase a key

Something to note though, when I originally began my attempt to recover the key, the W7CID site was completely unavailable (timed-out), but a few days later, the site was back. So, there is somebody out there managing the site, which initially gave me hope, but I never got a response.

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 pm

He has blown me off too. Not cool. Cancel that payment!

JonB65

Post by JonB65 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:34 pm

As much as I hate to lose the caller ID, I think it is gone. My wife really liked having that feature and she doesn't really care for all the tech capabilities I bring to our life. :-)

Off to PayPal I go...

Thanks all.

bobstr

Post by bobstr » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Is there a viable ("working and available") alternative that works with WMC?

STC

Post by STC » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 pm

^ Yup.

A bit of effort required, but is bullet proof once working.
W7CallerID is based on this.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... ac#p112606
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123