Guide has no info for KPTV 12.1

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
RodBarnes

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide has no info for KPTV 12.1

Post by RodBarnes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:30 am

I'm in Oregon, USA. Today, I noticed that there is no guide info the station KPTV 12.1. I've had it retrieve the guide a couple times and each reports as successful. I can hover and watch the messages as the guide is retrieved.

Anyone have ideas on what I might do to correct this?

NOTE: I'm a long-time WMC user -- still nothing better out there -- but I've never one a lot with the underpinnings of what it does. But I am a computer/software engineer with many years of Windows experience so maybe someone could steer me in the right direction -- with my thanks.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:42 pm

RodBarnes wrote:Anyone have ideas on what I might do to correct this?
You have three courses of action.

1. Submit a report to the Microsoft Connect website, which will likely be read by no-one.
https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback

2. Send an email to support@rovicorp.com, which will likely be read by no-one.

3. Switch your WMC system to EPG123/Schedules Direct for $25/year and have complete and accurate guide data for every channel.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

RodBarnes

Post by RodBarnes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Your response made me smile. :-)

RE: #3, I assume there is some setting for this but I'm unfamiliar with how that would be changed.

spanner

Post by spanner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:40 pm

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:00 pm

A lot of support for epg123, including from the developer:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=99

RodBarnes

Post by RodBarnes » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:14 pm

I've looked at the EPG123 docs and it certainly seems a possibility -- though I've read posts that indicate it is not necessarily a slam-dunk resolution.

So, since my set-up is currently working in every way *except* for the now missing KPTV line-up, I wanted to look for a means of adding the missing listings for this guide entry before I ditch everything and start over with TV config to use epg123. Maybe I'll end up there anyway but when 21 channels are all located and working and only 1 is not, it seems a bit overkill to just ditch it all.

I found the listing data under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\mcepg2-0\backup\lineup. There are three files and examining the most recent, it definitely includes entries for this station. Not clear why, if the listing is present, it isn't showing in the guide.

I tried copying everything under mcepe2-0 into a temp location and then starting WMC. But it still showed the same line-up (empty for KPTV) and even though it successfully retrieved the guide and populated the contents of mcepe2-0 again, nothing changed that I could tell in the guide.

I then right-clicked on the guide entry from within WMC and selected "More Info > Edit Channel > Edit Listings". I found that the listing for this channel were recognized but no longer associated with this channel entry. I selected that entry and saved it. And now they appear in the guide.

I think that, when whatever happened that knocked this channel out of my guide, it broke the association. Though I was able to add the channel into my guide again, it did not automatically associate the listings with the guide entry.

But it is working now. So, saved from having to switch for now until MS puts a stake in the heart of their listings.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:20 am

We have your station in our lineups for the Portland zip codes:

{
"stationId": "24507",
"callSign": "KPTVDT",
"affiliateCallSign": "FOX",
"affiliateId": "10212",
"channel": "12.1",
"preferredImage": {
"width": "360",
"height": "270",
"uri": "h3/NowShowing/28719/s28719_h3_aa.png",
"category": "Logo",
"primary": "true"
}
}, {
"stationId": "41465",
"callSign": "KPTVDT2",
"affiliateCallSign": "COZITV",
"affiliateId": "78851",
"channel": "12.2",
"uri": "h3/NowShowing/78851/s78851_h3_aa.png",
}
}, {
"stationId": "96891",
"callSign": "KPTVDT3",
"affiliateCallSign": "LAFF",
"affiliateId": "92091",
"channel": "12.3",
"uri": "h3/NowShowing/92091/s92091_h3_aa.png",
}
}

If you'd like to see the data that we have for the station then please send me an email (rkulagow@gmail.com) and I can send you an extract for today, tomorrow, etc.

We also respond to issues in the forums when we see a potential issue, so if there's a reason that we're not a "slam dunk" then please let us know what we can do.