Has your EPG lost the CBS affiliates? Wanna know if isolated

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Slugbait

HTPC Specs: Show details

Has your EPG lost the CBS affiliates? Wanna know if isolated

Post by Slugbait » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:17 am

I noticed on my main machine Saturday night that the local affiliate for CBS was no longer listed in my EPG. I can manually add the channel (i.e. 7.1), but it has no data: no station identification, no programming.

On Sunday, I found that the CBS affiliate was also missing from my primary HTPC. I tried using channel scan this time, but again no data: no station identification, no programming. As a result, all of my series episodes to be recorded for the CBS affiliates are no longer in my schedule. One of my co-workers confirmed today that his EPG also no longer lists the CBS affiliate. He also has no data when re-adding the channel manually.

The last known working date was Nov 2, when a scheduled show was recorded. So there is a three-day window where it went fubar.

It goes deeper: I checked TVGuide.com/listings (which is owned by CBS) and the station identification is called CHANHD, and programming listed was for a conservative Christian network (it listed that Joel Osteen was currently on instead of Ravens/Steelers). Today I went to cbs.com/schedule on my Mac (both Chrome and Safari), and it was empty (works with Windows desktop and mobile browsers).

I'm in email touch with somebody at tvguide who doesn't seem to understand that my problem does not begin with tvguide.com.

So I wanted to know: anybody else have their CBS affiliate removed from their EPG?

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:44 am

I have CBS in my channel guide. Based on what you described, another reason to switch to EPG123

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:02 pm

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 99&t=10459

http://www.tivocommunity.com/community/ ... t-11060796

Do a signal setup; do you have multiple lineups to choose from? My missing channel turned up one two new, alternate lineups.

rgalverson

Post by rgalverson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:12 pm

I had this same problem. I am in the Seattle-Tacoma area; I suspect OP is also. The Seattle-Tacoma Broadcast lineup was busted. I also found the problem when visiting tvguide.com for their listings. I sent screenshots of the problem to Kiro 7 and TVGuide. Now it appears to be fixed. I first noticed the problem Nov 4 when my channel 7 shows didn't record.

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm on EPG123 myself. In a probably unrelated thing, I have the local CBS listing, but it goes "weird" on Nov 22 - times for programs like NCIS and Bull are shifted (NCIS starts at 6pm, which is before primetime). It's a little too far out to verify against online sources, but wondered if others on Schedules Direct and EPG123 were seeing odd CBS lineups too.
-Alan

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm still on Rovi, and indeed the entire guide goes weird on Nov 22.

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:38 pm

webminster wrote:I'm on EPG123 myself. In a probably unrelated thing, I have the local CBS listing, but it goes "weird" on Nov 22 - times for programs like NCIS and Bull are shifted (NCIS starts at 6pm, which is before primetime). It's a little too far out to verify against online sources, but wondered if others on Schedules Direct and EPG123 were seeing odd CBS lineups too.
I'm using EPG123/SD, and my CBS lineup is looks normal. I only checked the next few days and Nov 22.

Did you check you EPG123 trace log to make sure the last update was successful?

webminster

Post by webminster » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:25 am

Updates are running fine. Have the same lineup on two different machines, they're running with no errors and show the unusual Nov 22 schedule.

EDIT: The Nov 22 updates now show on Zap2It for my cable system (Fort Collins Comcast Digital). Sure enough, they have the same listings, with all shows one hour early. Interesting.
-Alan