HD Homerun View question

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
SpencerC

HTPC Specs: Show details

HD Homerun View question

Post by SpencerC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:38 am

My PC has dual monitors. I isolate my WMC onto my secondary monitor in full screen. After setting up my new HD Homerun Prime, I noticed this new application installed called HD Homerun View. Hrmmm, what is this? Oh wow! It also will pull up channels that I can watch. My question is..........is there a way to mute the volume in the View application?? There doesn't appear to be a way to do this. My intention is to use my secondary monitor for WMC with the volume normal and use my primary monitor to watch another channel with no volume. This will allow me to keep an eye on two separate games, with the only the more important game having volume.

Space

Post by Space » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:41 am

+ or - key?

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:06 am

no go, I can lower the volume via the GUI, but not down to a mute volume...........this might just work out because the WMC volume is loud enough that when I turn the View volume as low as it will go it basically drowns out the sound of View.

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Here is some info if anyone is interested. You must install the HDhomeRun View application from the Windows 10 Store. In order to do this, you must have the Windows Update service running. After you get it installed, launch the application from the start menu and don't use the shortcut on your desktop that was installed when you downloaded the software from their website. You can always create a new shortcut and delete the original. Once you are running the version installed from the Store, move your cursor to the top left corner and the "hamburger" menu will appear. In here you can toggle how you want the volume control to work.