4X DMA2100 For Sale/Steal

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
MpTrumbore

HTPC Specs: Show details

4X DMA2100 For Sale/Steal

Post by MpTrumbore » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:20 am

Xfinity (comucast) recently implemented mpeg4 and I switched to xbox360s to keep all of my subscribed channels. I bought the lot of DMA2100s from a Sears during their fire sale in 2009ish and am willing to let them go to anyone that can still use them. $20 each or $60 for the lot. I'll ship and sell through ebay if that's what you prefer. I'll also do a cash exchange if you're local. 98290.

Thanks,
Mike Trumbore

DanH

Post by DanH » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:27 pm

My area is going to go through the same transition. What channels have they moved to MPEG? And which have they left alone? I'm debating what my next step will be as it seems like my options for continuing to use Media Center are dwindling.
Was Danh_HP_m376n

spanner

Post by spanner » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:59 pm

DanH wrote:My area is going to go through the same transition. What channels have they moved to MPEG? And which have they left alone? I'm debating what my next step will be as it seems like my options for continuing to use Media Center are dwindling.

in my area (Portland Or) it meant that all but local channels stopped working on the linksys units but have not tried it lately. The xbox and echo handled everything but the Premium channels (Hbo etc) I made up for this with the HBO go app on the xbox , but HBO was my only premium channel. My linksys still work fine on my OTA WMC test PC. For now I am happy but may cut the cord and go OTA if things change more.

the linksys are worth it for the remote alone. always liked being able to also control TV

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Still available?

I have 5 echos and an xBox 360 all working fine so I'm not sure if I need these but for $20.. Hmm..