WMC in Windows 10, program guide will not load

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
dojo

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC in Windows 10, program guide will not load

Post by dojo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:47 pm

I upgraded to windows 10 , I have downloaded WMC from a site on the net , everything works except the tv programs guide is not loading, no data available

Can you help me get the program guide to work in windows 10 upgrade

John

To The Pub

Post by To The Pub » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:49 am

A little more input about your config would be nice.

Gr. E

dojo

Post by dojo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, as you can see I am not computer savy, I down loaded Microsoft media center _10.0.10134.0v2.1 from the net, I did what was called for, mmc opened up, I installed it but the part where it says about the media guide was downloaded incorrectly, I tried many times, using different zip codes to no avail,
Since I joined on here I have read that it downloading the media guide will not work because Microsoft us using a different party and I guess that will lock us out that is trying to down load it from the internet,,,,
I can get it to record a show, but there is no time slot in the guide, so I have to do it manually, start and stop it, so that takes care of tapping a show several day in the future,

this is a kool site, I have read many stories of people having the same problem as I have,,,,i have tried Kodie and a few others, but none is as good as MMC, one good thing is I can play DVD'S of the MMC, just like old times.

I am trying out WIN TV 7 that was loaded from my tuner, it seems to work ok but I have to use the tv guide that came with it, TITAN TV.
I am getting the hang of it but now like MMC,

As far as your question, I have no idea what you mean about config you mean, sorry for my dumbness, but I try by trial and error

again thanks for getting back, have a great day :thumbup:

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:04 am

Version 10.0.10134.0v2.1 is so old.

Try v8.8.1

https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threa ... ost1244333

dojo

Post by dojo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:39 pm

thanks crash, Gary suggested v8.8.1 and gave me some assistance late august, it works great,
only problem I have now is the stupid display settings only having 1 display for the monitor and not the tv, trying like heck to get it corrected,
again thanks for the help

coco