Delete All of a Given Series?

Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Delete All of a Given Series?

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Let's say I want to delete all recordings in a series at once. Currently, I do this by going to the RecordedTV Folder and locating all the *.wtv files that are not wanted, select them and delete them using Windows Explorer. Is there a way to do this in WMC and still retain the scheduled recording?

This was probably asked years ago on here but a search yielded no results.

TIA

Space

Post by Space » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Not that I am aware of. Quickest way I know to do this is to sort by series and then go in to the series and press CLEAR then OK on the remote for each one.

And just an FYI, deleting the Series will not delete any of the recordings.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Recorded TVHD has the ability to delete all episodes of a show or just the episodes in the same season.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:23 am

choliscott wrote:Recorded TVHD has the ability to delete all episodes of a show or just the episodes in the same season.
Okay. This program also removes commercials and converts the *.wtv files to *mkv or?? How is it organized and how is playback accomplished? Via Emby or other or do you need to install codecs? To keep things clean, I currently only load LAV with MPC-HC or even simpler than that, with Emby Theater. Also, for DRM'd content this is not an option, correct?

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:51 am

This program doesn't remove commercials, nor does it convert media. It displays your recorded TV menu in a more presentable fashion.

I will say the program is $20 after a 30 day trial.

Here is the website: http://www.recordedtvhd.com/
Here is the forum on here: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=2185

If you look at the first rotating picture on the actual website, it's showing the different views you can choose to display your TV Shows & Movies (1 line of "Posters", 2 lines of "Posters", A list, or Windows 8 "Metro Style")
You can also have it display movies on a separate view from the TV shows & you can also have it separate shows in to Seasons & have those display in Episode order

On the setup screen you pretty much tell it which folders to look for media & which file extensions to look at (The default Recorded TV folder & .WTV are selected & locked in). The program uses the combination of metadata on the file, along with TheTVDB & The MovieDB to bring back information about the show/movie.
Since you mention Emby Theater (which I assume you're using), any converted media would need to use the same naming convention (Show Name - S01E01 - Show Title, Show Name - S1E1 - Show Title, etc).
In fact, based on the pictures I remember of Emby Theater (I haven't really used it) they almost look similar (I could be wrong)

As far as codecs, this doesn't do any converting to play a show & just pretty much plays the file, so any files that you can play thru WMC now, you should be able to play thru this.

Last, here is a picture of the menu about deleting episodes of the show:
Anger.JPG
Sammy2 wrote:
choliscott wrote:Recorded TVHD has the ability to delete all episodes of a show or just the episodes in the same season.
Okay. This program also removes commercials and converts the *.wtv files to *mkv or?? How is it organized and how is playback accomplished? Via Emby or other or do you need to install codecs? To keep things clean, I currently only load LAV with MPC-HC or even simpler than that, with Emby Theater. Also, for DRM'd content this is not an option, correct?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Oh, COOL! I guess I was confusing it with MCE Buddy or something like that.

I do remember looking at this several years ago on assassin's guide but said, "I don't have time for that, I'll do it another time." Well I still don't have time for that but I think I'll do that soon.. I've got so many pot's in the fire the porridge is starting to get scorched right now!

At any rate, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:37 pm

BTW, @choliscott , was it you that was getting this coordinated with epg123 for proper season and episode detection a couple of weeks ago? Just another, "That's cool, I need to check that out later" thing for me!

83v45magna

Post by 83v45magna » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 pm

When I had a lot to delete, I used to go get my laptop wireless mouse and plug it in and go into the recorded TV file and cut it out in chunks. Then I figured a much easier, sit on my ass on the couch type of solution. Just click on any of the episodes, go into 'actions'/'series info'/'series settings'/'Keep' and change it to keep latest recordings and 'Keep up to' to only one episode. It will warn you it's about to delete a bunch. Say yes, and after it gets through, change the settings back to what they were (or whatever you want for the upcoming season). Then go delete that one episode. Easy Peasy. Go have a beer. ;)