My Channel Logos in WMC10?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
_jon_

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Channel Logos in WMC10?

Post by _jon_ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Has anyone managed to get 'My channel logos' (MCL XL) to work with WMC in Windows 10? It won't load for me but has set the logos in the guide. The version I have is from 2013 so I'm not sure if it's the latest version.

There is a statement on their website saying Windows 10 isn't supported but I'm wondering if the latest version (assuming mine isn't the latest version) does actually work or not?

If not, is there any other way to add more rows and the guide and increase the number of hours ahead the guide dispays at a time? (I think MCL increased it from 2 hours to 3)

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 pm

It worked for me. You're using the version that works with Windows 8.1 correct?

_jon_

Post by _jon_ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:04 pm

choliscott wrote:It worked for me. You're using the version that works with Windows 8.1 correct?
Yes, it is, I've now managed to get it to load and found the version number.

I've actually just managed to get it working. I've got no idea how though. I just kept changing the settings in MCL (I had to run a repair install of MCL to get it to load in the first place) and applying them and it suddently worked. My guess would be that it was having problems replacing the Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll file in the eHome directory.

_jon_

Post by _jon_ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Just to provide an update, even though it worked in terms of the guide layout being right, I found I couldn't get a signal on several channels afterwords and the WMC crashed when I tried to edit the channels to check the sources.

I've given up and restored it back to Windows 7. Everything is now working perfectly as it was before.

At least the PC has been activated with Windows 10 now so I should be able to upgrade for free in the future.