EPG123 Bug Reports

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
duncane

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by duncane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Not sure what happened but I did a restore to before my first attempt, ran through it all again for the 3rd time and all is working now!
Cheers

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:42 am

Just noticed a failure in this morning's MXF import in my trace.log.

Code: Select all

[7/19/2016 4:27:16 AM] Exiting writeMxf(). SUCCESS.
[7/19/2016 4:27:16 AM] [STATS] Generated .mxf file contains 722 services, 12659 series, 59418 programs, and 72417 people with 16308 image links.
[7/19/2016 4:27:17 AM] ====================== Beginning epg123 client execution. =====================
[7/19/2016 4:27:17 AM] [ INFO] Import=True , Match=True , NoLogo=False
[7/19/2016 4:27:17 AM] [ INFO] import filename = epg123.mxf
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR] Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at MediaCenter.Store.OleDB.StoredObjectsEnumerator.MoveNext()
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at MediaCenter.Store.OleDB.StoredObjectsRecord.Fetch(Int64 id, StoredObjectKey key)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.StoredObjects.get_Item(StoredObjectKey key)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.StoredObjects`1.get_Item(StoredObjectKey key)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.InitializeProvider(ObjectStore store, String providerName, String password, Assembly callingAssembly)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.Open(String fileName, String providerName, String password, Assembly callingAssembly, Boolean isCollecting)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.Open(String fileName, String providerName, String password, Boolean isAdminRequested)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.AddObjectStoreReference()
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.get_DefaultSingleton()
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Pvr.FullRescheduleWorker.ThreadSetup()
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Pvr.SignaledWorker.ThreadProcess()
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR]    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR] Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Exit code: -1073741819
[7/19/2016 4:28:47 AM] [ERROR] Failed to import .mxf file. Exiting.
Reran it manually and it succeeded.

I have a copy of the failed MXF if you want it.

The failure would have been while 3 of my 4 extenders were using temp profiles instead of the one they are supposed to, before I rebooted this morning, I wonder if that could possibly be related?

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:59 am

I submitted a ticket to SchedulesDirect recently because most of the shows on FIOS channel 363 (STZESP) were flagged as HD when it is an SD channel.

They seem to have fixed it on the SchedulesDirect side, BUT all but the last few days are still flagged HD in media center.
I checked the MXF file and the isHdtv flags for ScheduleEntry's on that channel are gone.

Maybe related to the BrainDead issue? I tried explicitly setting the isHdtv flag to false on some of the ScheduleEntrys for that channel (even though the MS documentation says this is the default), and it made no difference.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:19 am

I don't know if EPG123 offers a "raw debug mode", where the JSON is stored/saved prior to being ingested into MXF, but as far as glugglug's issue, everything I'm seeing on the server indicates that there are no HDTV attributes being applied to the schedule that they're downloading.

I don't know if this is a variation of the "BrainDead" issue in another thread, but server-side the data looks like it's been updated correctly (to both strip HDTV from glugglug and the BrainDead issue).

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:37 am

glugglug wrote:I submitted a ticket to SchedulesDirect recently because most of the shows on FIOS channel 363 (STZESP) were flagged as HD when it is an SD channel.

They seem to have fixed it on the SchedulesDirect side, BUT all but the last few days are still flagged HD in media center.
I checked the MXF file and the isHdtv flags for ScheduleEntry's on that channel are gone.

Maybe related to the BrainDead issue? I tried explicitly setting the isHdtv flag to false on some of the ScheduleEntrys for that channel (even though the MS documentation says this is the default), and it made no difference.
Nope, this is different than the BrainDead issue and is actually expected. To save space in the mxf file, the 'isHdtv' flag is only present when it is "true"... I don't write a "false" to the database since that is its' default. Good point though that since I now include a SD override in the cfg file, I should now always populate that flag, true or false, in the mxf file to make it work correctly.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:37 am

I'm pretty sure for the flag to be gone in the MXF, it has to be standard def in the JSON. But for some reason media center isn't always getting schedule entry updates in the MXF import.

Looking through what .NET Reflector shows for the ScheduleEntries and ScheduleEntryGroup classes, particularly ScheduleEntries.MergeScheduleEntries I think it tries to compare the start and end time of each scheduleentry against existing ones and maybe doesn't figure out it needs to update if none of the timeslot borders have changed. Maybe we need to randomize the channel start times by a few seconds to trick it into updating (or maybe just randomize on days the schedule MD5 has changed to minimize the amount of objectstore updates this triggers)?
Last edited by glugglug on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:41 am

glugglug wrote:Maybe we need to randomize the channel start times by a few seconds to trick it into updating?
I actually tried this quite a while ago when trying to figure out how to deal with generic episode listings not being updated ... didn't help.
- Gary

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:47 am

I got a few of the HD flags on FIOS channel 363 (STZESP) to update, by putting them in their own tiny <ScheduleEntries> elements.

Still don't know what in the larger <ScheduleEntries> element prevents the updates from taking effect.

Edit: the plot thickens...
Updating in this manner is not consistent, it only sometimes gets the flag updated.
I tried offsetting most of the schedule for that station by 1 minute. This update took -- the times in the guide are all off by 1 minute -- but it didn't clear the HD flags. So it IS getting the schedule update, but when it sees that the program ID of a new ScheduleEntry is the same as one of the existing ScheduleEntrys it overlaps, it just updates the time in the DB without looking at other properties. (....I think)

ScheduleEntries.MergeScheduleEntries decompiles to over 250 lines not including all the other stuff it calls, with lots of special cases depending on isOnlyWmis, isOnlyInband, the entry "type" (whether it is Now, Next, or Scheduled), and whether there is a recording set for the schedule entry -- it is very unclear to me, but my guess is that if the programID hasn't changed and the time slot overlaps the existing time slot for that program, it won't usually update the other attributes.

Paint

Post by Paint » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:15 pm

Paint wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
Paint wrote:garyan2,

Is there anyway to add Episode and Season metadata tags to the WTV files via the EPG123 guide information? I am having issues with MCEBuddy matching Season and Episode information when the data does not exist on thetvdb.com.

I see you already added the season and episode information into the WM/SubTitleDescription field. Thank you for your help!
Nope. Epg123 only supplies the guide data, it doesn't control the recording of the programs or creation of wtv metadata. As far as I can tell, there are no tags in the wtv metadata available for specifically season or episode. Epg123 does populate that information in the database (seasonNumber and episodeNumber), but that information is not stored by WMC in the wtv file.

The best I could do is include in the subtitle as sXXeYY or in the description as Season XX, Episode YY since the subtitle and description are stored in the metadata.
Yea, from my research I came to the same conclusion. I have an open request with the MCEBuddy team to start parsing the episode description for Season and Episode information.

MCEBuddy has been updated to find the season and episode information from the WTV description: http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/workitem/2889

This makes EPG123 and MCEBuddy even better!

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Don't know if this should be described as a "bug" or a "feature that you need to be aware of".

SD: Los Angeles TWC/LA Digital cablecard Hollywood/Westchester for Ceton tuners, as well as OTA/ATSC for Hauppauge digital TV tuners.

I wanted to set a WMC series recording for the program "NBC 4 News At 11" during the Olympics weeks, to ensure that I recorded the "running late" coverage from NBC's primetime coverage in my main "Rio Olympics" -> ANY CHANNEL, ANY TIME series recording. I record all local networks from my Hauppauge OTA/ATSC tuner, so this program is local OTA digital channel 4.1. Its info is based on the SD info for OTA digital TV for zipcode 90292.

I went to GUIDE, and found "NBC 4 News At 11" for the Sunday morning 12:00 - 12:35AM (midnight Saturday night) item, and set the series to record. But when I double-checked the upcoming schedule to ensure it would record every night for the next two weeks, I found it did not. It appeared to have set a "weekend-only" version of the recording schedule. Even though the title of the show was the same all 7 nights of the week, it appeared that the "weekday-only" version of the show was not scheduled to record.

I then pointed to a weekday version of the show, on Tuesday morning 12:00 - 12:35AM (midnight Monday night), and set a series recording for that item. And sure enough, now all of the weekday-only versions of the show were scheduled to record as well, in this second event.

Looking more closely at the INFO descriptions for the two series, there are indeed differing SYNOPSIS information for the two, in that the news reporters listed for weekend vs. weekday are different. All other info is the same for all 7 days of the week... same start/end times, same channel, same program title, etc., but different SYNOPSIS info.

So I guess this might explain what happened. Certainly I don't have to set two different series recording events for national "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt" even though he's not the on-air reporter over the weekends, because the GUIDE info for all 7 days is the same. But this local NBC-4 LA GUIDE info does have a different content weekend and weekday, even though the title of the program is identical.

Anyway, although it looks strange to have two "identical" recordings shown in the "series" list (which are for the same time and same channel every night), I guess this is clearly necessary.

Never had this situation occur before. Not really a "mistake" or "bug", and I obviously was able to accomplish what I wanted to. But I'm guessing the difference in the SYNOPSIS info must have caused SD to create two separate program items for weekday vs. weekend, despite all other visible external identifiers being the same.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Yup, certainly something to be aware of. They are considered 2 separate series and I suspect the station (KNBC) identifies them as being different rather than Gracenote determining them to be different.
- Gary

lachape_one

Post by lachape_one » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:04 am

Hello garyan2
i've read the first 15 pages of this thread and did not have the courage to do so until page 22 so apologize if you already talked about this issue in EPG123:

- i have my main lineup selected (eg SFR Paris Digital)
- but some channels are missing in this lineup (and waiting from SD to resolve this issue but maybe they are on holidays), so i add a second lineup (eg Canalsatelitte), and select only the missing channels of the first one. eg: These missing channels i selected are Nickelodeon 4 Teen and National Geographic
in that case, EPG123 seems not to record my choice and automatically:
- unselect some channels from my main lineup (many of them and randomly)
- and add anothers channels i did not select from the second one

any idea to fix this?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:20 pm

lachape_one wrote:Hello garyan2
i've read the first 15 pages of this thread and did not have the courage to do so until page 22 so apologize if you already talked about this issue in EPG123:

- i have my main lineup selected (eg SFR Paris Digital)
- but some channels are missing in this lineup (and waiting from SD to resolve this issue but maybe they are on holidays), so i add a second lineup (eg Canalsatelitte), and select only the missing channels of the first one. eg: These missing channels i selected are Nickelodeon 4 Teen and National Geographic
in that case, EPG123 seems not to record my choice and automatically:
- unselect some channels from my main lineup (many of them and randomly)
- and add anothers channels i did not select from the second one

any idea to fix this?
I believe I know what is going on. When using multiple lineups, it is important to understand some things.

1) stations that are common between lineups are linked. This means that if a station is selected for download in one lineup, it will also be selected in the other lineup. This is also true when you remove a station.
2) if lineups share channel numbers, the automatch feature should be disabled to prevent guide confusion.

I believe your situation is number 1 above.
- Gary

lachape_one

Post by lachape_one » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:31 pm

i think my situation is the n°2 you described, so i uncheck the automatch station, but unfortunately the issue happen again

this is my main lineup (lineup4 tab) with "All" channels selected

after that, i select these 2 missing channels in a second lineup (lineup 3 tab)

i click "Save" and exit EPG123, and when i come back, many channels of my main lineup (lineup 4) are not selected anymore

this time, selections of the second lineup are correct (may be because i unckecked Automatch stations)

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:53 pm

When you cleared all stations on your second lineup, you also cleared those same stations on your primary lineup. The second lineup should look like below.
lachapeGui.png
EDIT: Ignore the configuration panel ... this is a test bench.
- Gary

lachape_one

Post by lachape_one » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:52 pm

ok thank you, the easyest thing is not to have to choose between 2lineups, because the "Autotmatch channels" is a very useful function, now that Robert is back, he sent me i mail to confirm that missing channels are now in my SFR lineup, so this is issues is for me resolved

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 am

Question/Possible bug Does EPG123 prevent the PC from sleeping while it's doing it's thing? The reason I ask is that I am finally doing my first test install of EPG123 and I have my HTPC set to sleep fairly quickly when idle to save power. WMC during media play and maintenance operations prevents the PC from sleeping; however during initial load etc of the EPG data rom SD I just sat there watching the progress update and my PC went to sleep (I think I have idle sleep currently set to 10 or 15 min). So I suspect EPG123 isn't preventing sleep while running. Am I correct? I think it probably should do so if it isn't. Thanks.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:56 am

stuartm wrote:Question/Possible bug Does EPG123 prevent the PC from sleeping while it's doing it's thing? The reason I ask is that I am finally doing my first test install of EPG123 and I have my HTPC set to sleep fairly quickly when idle to save power. WMC during media play and maintenance operations prevents the PC from sleeping; however during initial load etc of the EPG data rom SD I just sat there watching the progress update and my PC went to sleep (I think I have idle sleep currently set to 10 or 15 min). So I suspect EPG123 isn't preventing sleep while running. Am I correct? I think it probably should do so if it isn't. Thanks.
Certainly not an unreasonable request. I have this capability on another completely unrelated project which seems to work... I'll take a look.
- Gary

Space

Post by Space » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:06 am

I beleive SetThreadExecutionState is what WMC uses to keep the machine from going to sleep when recording/playing video.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Paint wrote: MCEBuddy has been updated to find the season and episode information from the WTV description: http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/workitem/2889

This makes EPG123 and MCEBuddy even better!
@Paint, thanks, this helps me out as well. So just to verify, do you need to have "append episode description with season and episode numbers" checked for mcebuddy to use this new functionality?