Can I watch series in order?

MarkJohnson

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can I watch series in order?

Post by MarkJohnson » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 am

Is there a setting or add-on that will let me sort my tv shows by season and episode. I just downloaded Game of Thrones and want to watch starting from first episode to latest episode.

All I get are show recordings by date, but that is not by show release date.

Let me know if there is any way to do it.

also, I have MCE Buddy on my server to record regular TV shows to stream. HBO is protected and won't stream. I have to watch it on the HTPC that records it only.

Thanks in advance.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:57 pm

MarkJohnson wrote:Is there a setting or add-on that will let me sort my tv shows by season and episode. I just downloaded Game of Thrones and want to watch starting from first episode to latest episode.

All I get are show recordings by date, but that is not by show release date.

Let me know if there is any way to do it.

also, I have MCE Buddy on my server to record regular TV shows to stream. HBO is protected and won't stream. I have to watch it on the HTPC that records it only.

Thanks in advance.
1) You could maybe try Recorded TV/View by original Air Date to force the shows to display first to last.

2) There is no way around DRM. If you record "Protected", as you found out, the recording will never play anywhere else, unless you use a WMC extender such as Ceton Echo or Xbox360.

3) If you don't feel like getting an extender, Kodi/Ares/Pulse will likely work on the other PC's. However, you wont be watching your recordings...you will be watching a completely different stream from "other sources".

If you are interested, Kodi/Pulse/Ares instructions are>>> http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 96#p106596
Attachments
WmcOriginalAirDate001.JPG
KodiPulse008.jpg

MarkJohnson

Post by MarkJohnson » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:52 am

I will give that a try if nothing else. I thought that option was saying the date it was recorded. But I see there is a separate option for that.

Can I have MCEBuddy rename the file? Move it to a separate folder so I can have season folders? or will any of this have an affect on the DRM?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:33 am

I don use MCEBuddy, so I don't know what you can get away with.

You might be able to do season folders in the RecordedTV folder.....but.....you likely would have to add the season folders in the media library