Simultaneously using Ceton and Silicon Dust?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
saboken

HTPC Specs: Show details

Simultaneously using Ceton and Silicon Dust?

Post by saboken » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:50 am

Has anyone use a Ceton InfiniTv and a Silicon Dust HD Home run prime simultaneously? Just wondering before I buy another tuner thanks I am posting this in the other forum so people the other supporters can see it hope it's okay?

[Moderator note: duplicate topics deleted; read the Code of Conduct]

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:22 am

I did, but haven't in more than a year now.
I had an Infinitv4 and a prime running on the same machine without issue for several months.
No major issues, ended up splitting them for practical reasons. Needed both primes in one household.
Now the main is running an InfiniTV6 and a WinTV-QuadHD http://www.hauppauge.com/site/webstore2 ... uadhd.html

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:33 pm

I've run both for years. Right now I have 3 SD Prime and 2 Ceton ETH tuners running. I just took out a PCIe 6 Tuner Ceton (had random crashes and restarts and I finally gave up on it) but at that point there were 27 tuners on the system without issues along with multiple extenders. There are seven machines running Win7 Media Center on the network as well but recording and live tv is mostly on three machines.

bob_p

Post by bob_p » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 pm

I've got 3 HDHR Primes and 1 Ceton USB. My WMC box has been running (for years) with one HDHR Prime and the Ceton USB tuners without any problems.

The other two HDHR Primes have been used either for running WMC or SD's new DVR software on other systems.

saboken

Post by saboken » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:00 am

thanks for the info I am still searching for a echo, had. a issue with the one I tried to buy last month but that's another story. I am wondering if it's even worth it? with Media Center on its way out? is this going the way of vhs and beta? I see SiliconDust is supposed to be working on something but I'm afraid cable cards might be replaced by sometime incompatible needing new hardware altogether? I did speak with one of the owners of Ceton she said not to waste my time! was she sincere or was her statement because they are going down the tubes? she said M$ is not selling anymore keys for new extenders to work! but I thought the tuners needed embedded keys also and the HD Homerun must use them just like the InfiniTV and echos? Silicon Dust is still making and selling CC tuners as far as I know? so the truth is not known, Ceton could just be sore because their competition is still going strong?