WMC guide not marking repeats

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
deihmos

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC guide not marking repeats

Post by deihmos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 am

I have not recorded series in a while but now I am trying to record the NBA playoffs but WMC is recording the repeats. The guide does not indicate that the airing is a repeat so it records everything multiple times.

This worked fine before they replaced the guide. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT I am now realizing the guide does not mark a lot of shows as repeat soothe same airing is recorded twice. What a joke.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:09 am

deihmos wrote:I have not recorded series in a while but now I am trying to record the NBA playoffs but WMC is recording the repeats. The guide does not indicate that the airing is a repeat so it records everything multiple times.

This worked fine before they replaced the guide. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT I am now realizing the guide does not mark a lot of shows as repeat soothe same airing is recorded twice. What a joke.
Topic moved from EPG forum.

There is no solution other than switching to EPG123/Schedules Direct. Rovi's guide data is sludge.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:09 am

That really sucks.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:27 am

deihmos wrote:That really sucks.
You could configure the series recording to only record around the time the game usually starts (8:00pm).

You could also try emailing Rovi support or reaching out to Microsoft connect.

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:40 am

Microsoft does not care about WMC. I am going to try out EPG123. Not too thrilled about paying for guide data.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:15 pm

deihmos wrote:Microsoft does not care about WMC. I am going to try out EPG123. Not too thrilled about paying for guide data.
Ya, it would be nice if Microsoft and Rovi would get their act together. However, look at it this way. Tivo costs $14.99/month. A Schedule Direct subscription is $25 year ($2/month) which I think is very fair. You get superb quality guide data, nicer images, and no extended guide data outages. Plus, Gary and the SD team have been very responsive to issues. You can also do a two month trial for $6.

STC

Post by STC » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:55 pm

I recommend anyone interested to try EPG123. Make a backup you can revert back to Rovi should you wish. There are many improvements and gains that all add up to a far superior package.

SD actually have a free 7 day trial so you can take a sniff at a working solution for no money down. If you choose to go with it, please give Gary a donation, he really deserves it.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:34 pm

I made a backup and gave it a try.

DOS4EVER

Post by DOS4EVER » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:04 pm

STC wrote:I recommend anyone interested to try EPG123. Make a backup you can revert back to Rovi should you wish. There are many improvements and gains that all add up to a far superior package.

SD actually have a free 7 day trial so you can take a sniff at a working solution for no money down. If you choose to go with it, please give Gary a donation, he really deserves it.
Seconded. The new instructions are easy to follow and so far I've had a complete working guide with no issues.