New PC install - old XBOX/tuner card - HDCP issue?

thumperyz69

HTPC Specs: Show details

New PC install - old XBOX/tuner card - HDCP issue?

Post by thumperyz69 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 am

My old PC has died and I am setting up a new (refurb) Windows 7 premium PC. I have added my old tuner card and WMC is up and going recording ... I have setup the XBOX 360 extender and it is talking ok to the PC BUT all content I try and play live or pull on the DVR on the Extender I get an error:

Video Error:
Files Needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly.

HDCP problem??? but where in the chain???

Thanks for any ideas...

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:28 pm

thumperyz69 wrote:My old PC has died and I am setting up a new (refurb) Windows 7 premium PC. I have added my old tuner card and WMC is up and going recording ... I have setup the XBOX 360 extender and it is talking ok to the PC BUT all content I try and play live or pull on the DVR on the Extender I get an error:

Video Error:

Thanks for any ideas...
Questions. Are you trying to play back old videos (from your past build) ? Did you update your video drivers ? What type of video card is it (Nvidia has something that will show of DHCP is compliant).

Did you try to restore your image from your old computer or is this a fresh new build ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

thumperyz69

Post by thumperyz69 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:54 pm

DavidinCT wrote:
thumperyz69 wrote:My old PC has died and I am setting up a new (refurb) Windows 7 premium PC. I have added my old tuner card and WMC is up and going recording ... I have setup the XBOX 360 extender and it is talking ok to the PC BUT all content I try and play live or pull on the DVR on the Extender I get an error:

Video Error:

Thanks for any ideas...
Questions. Are you trying to play back old videos (from your past build) ? Did you update your video drivers ? What type of video card is it (Nvidia has something that will show of DHCP is compliant).

Did you try to restore your image from your old computer or is this a fresh new build ?

This is a completely fresh build. I am not trying to bring anything forward. Video drivers are updated. The video onboard Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000.

I saw some reference from others about video cards and during the weekend I tried a dedicated Nvidia video card. Still the same result. For me until I get my WMC content to my XBOX, it is worthless.

Thanks for any suggestions. Hopefully it is something small.

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:03 am

There is a Xbox 360 download/update that I think is called 'Optional Media Update'.

It's been awhile since I downloaded it, but I think I did because it allowed me to play MKV files.

I could use my Xbox as an extender and watch live or recorded TV fine w/o this update though (wtv files).

thumperyz69

Post by thumperyz69 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:31 am

bummer... :(

I guess it is time to throw in the towel.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:45 am

thumperyz69 wrote:bummer... :(

I guess it is time to throw in the towel.
Try one more thing.....Sometimes the video file error is a simple sound problem.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 646#p63646