Tuners assigned to channels are doubled?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
carlmon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuners assigned to channels are doubled?

Post by carlmon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:40 pm

I am running Windows 8.1, and using epg123 version 9.3 all seems good, except I noticed that all channels show my tuners twice.

Specifically, If I look at the guide, select a channel, Edit Channel, and Edit Sources, I will see each tuner shown twice.

I have 3 Silicon Dust Prime for Cable channels( total of 9 tuners) and one Silicon dust over the air (total of 2 tuners).

Looking at one of the cable channels, as I scroll through the "Digital Cable (CableCARD)" selections it shows:

1. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxB-2
2. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxB-2
3. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxB-0
4. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxB-0
5. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxC-2
6. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxC-2
17. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxB-1
18. HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131xxxB-1

So it's showing 18 tuners rather than 9. It is the same for the off air tuners as well. I have a second machine (Windows 7) which shows the same, and this morning, a friend (windows 7) set it up and it's the same for him.

So far it has not caused an issue but it will make changing sources, if needed rather tedious. I also wonder how this might affect when one tuner locks, and it must switch to another "down the list"

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:37 pm

I had this happen to me yesterday when I installed v. 9.3 for the first time.

1 Prime (cablecard) 3 tuners
1 Hauppauge Qam 1 tuner

After running set up it did not show double tuners at first. I could not get listings for the qam tuner and I could not combine the qam channels and listings with the Prime cablecard tuners. After an hour of screwing around with Lineup Selector and Guide Tool, I noticed that in 'Edit Sources' it now showed 6 Prime cablecard tuners.

At that point, I started over and re-ran WMC set-up and EPG123. It went smoothly this time and I was able to combine the listings/channels through the WMC channel edit function w/o problem and no double tuners?

schottjy

Post by schottjy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52 pm

I'm also seeing this doubling with my InfiniTV 4.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:02 am

I'll look into this ... just recreated it here. I know how it is happening since I have code to intentionally attach the tuners to the epg123 lineups, just didn't know it would still show the same tuners from the original scan/setup.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:32 am

Alright, I stopped doing what I was doing, and put code in that would remove the duplicate tuners. Will be included in the next release.

Thanks guys, and sorry for any hassel this may cause.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Not a big deal. I appreciate the considerable amount of time you have put in to EPG123. I love my WMC TV set-up with 2 PC's and 4 Xbox 360 extenders, and I plan on using it for as long as I can. Your program will help ensure that we all can continue w/o depending on MS to provide guide data... Thanks !!

carlmon

Post by carlmon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:51 pm

I agree completely with want garnuts said. I know issues will come up, and the BIG difference is that you are on top of them. Thanks again for all you have done for us garyan2!!!!

schottjy

Post by schottjy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Ever since the Rovi switchover, my Windows Media Center machine went from an appliance to a second job for monitoring outages and issues. I feel like epg123 may have turned the corner for me, big thanks garyan2!