v0.9.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:19 am

As requested trace.rar

If I right click the empty name and number cell, the name and number appears.

Strange Huh?
Attachments
EPG123_017.jpg
trace.rar
(30.36 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:16 am

Crash2009 wrote:As requested trace.rar

If I right click the empty name and number cell, the name and number appears.

Strange Huh?
Definitely strange. Hopefully MCL will straighten this out for you.

Your trace log shows that the loadmxf never successfully ran until your 8PM run. I'm assuming you nuked the ehome folder and tried again at that time?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 am

Okay everybody ... I'm going to go ahead and release v0.9.1 into the wild. I think we'll be ready to start working on finalizing this product in a few weeks. Description of most of the changes are on the website but bottom line is it is much friendlier for the initial setup. There are some improvements and some logic changes ... see if you can figure it out. This is a drop in replacement with the added automatch functionality.

http://epg123.garyan2.net
- Gary

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Crash2009 wrote:Step 0 I got an error with rd c:\programdata\microsoft\ehome /s /q The error was the files were in use by another process. I ignored the error and continued anyway.
I ran into this too. The culprit, for me, was Ceton My Media Center. You need to stop the CDataSvc before deleting the eHome directory, use this command in an elevated command prompt:
sc stop "CDataSvc"

It will start itself normally after a reboot. This should probably be added to the FAQ.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Going in under safe mode is a sure fire way of performing the task cleanly.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:58 pm

3rob3 wrote:
Crash2009 wrote:Step 0 I got an error with rd c:\programdata\microsoft\ehome /s /q The error was the files were in use by another process. I ignored the error and continued anyway.
I ran into this too. The culprit, for me, was Ceton My Media Center. You need to stop the CDataSvc before deleting the eHome directory, use this command in an elevated command prompt:
sc stop "CDataSvc"

It will start itself normally after a reboot. This should probably be added to the FAQ.
I did this in task manager by killing associated Processes and Services. After instally EPG123 v0.7.6, I rebooted and and all was well.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Is it possible to install and run v0.9.0 / v0.9.1 and then restore the channel list xml created with MCL XL under v0.7.6?

What am I missing by sticking with v0.7.6 and not going with this update?

Thanks!!

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:00 pm

For some reason it wouldn't stop that particular service for me the normal way. I had to use the above command. Who knows :)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 pm

3rob3 wrote:I ran into this too. The culprit, for me, was Ceton My Media Center. You need to stop the CDataSvc before deleting the eHome directory, use this command in an elevated command prompt:
sc stop "CDataSvc"

STC wrote:Going in under safe mode is also a sure fire way of performing the task cleanly.
Its has to be MMC/CData. I was drawing a blank as to what else (other than GuideTool or MCL) could possibly be hanging on to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ehome\mcepg3-5. I did delete the folders and files from Safe Mode. The strange thing to me, is/was mcepgX-X was re-generated upon booting into normal.

Maybe we should add a line or two to Step 0 or Readme.txt?

sc stop "CDataSvc"

net stop ehrecvr
net stop ehsched
rd c:\programdata\microsoft\ehome /s /q
net start ehrecvr

Do GuideTool and MCL have a service that might need to be stopped as well? I just remembered something, I had/have YAMM running also.

It wouldn't be any big deal to uninstall all 4, if it would eliminate problems.
Last edited by Crash2009 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Just now looking through the updated instructions. It looks like the JSON dll is included now in the installation?

Also, the instructions have a lot of the previous requirements in strike-out text but I'm not seeing the new check boxes being discussed in this thread described in the instructions.. or am I missing something?

Thanks!

glorp

Post by glorp » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:54 pm

3rob3 wrote:
sc stop "CDataSvc"

Ceton InfiniTVSvc as well locks files. I had forgotten to mention that before. Anyone with a Ceton tuner will have this service running and it may need to be stopped.

Ladislaus

Post by Ladislaus » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:55 pm

3rob3 wrote:
sc stop "CDataSvc"

This command (above) should be added to the Epg123 installation steps (inserted where appropriate) with a note that indicates that "this is sub-step is for Ceton InfiniTV users only".

Just a suggestion.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:10 pm

STC wrote:Going in under safe mode is a sure fire way of performing the task cleanly.
Looks to me like the only surefire way to perform Step 0 is to boot in safe-mode. There is no way I'm going to establish methods for every hardware/software combination out there to do this from the normal desktop.
- Gary

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Going further on this Disable Services Discussion, would the Media Center Extender Service be hanging on or regenerating mcepg3-5 ?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Just now looking through the updated instructions. It looks like the JSON dll is included now in the installation?

Also, the instructions have a lot of the previous requirements in strike-out text but I'm not seeing the new check boxes being discussed in this thread described in the instructions.. or am I missing something?

Thanks!
There's a bullet in Step 2.8 that addresses the new automatch checkbox. Everything that is striked-out were needed for the previous versions, not with v0.9.1 which handles those tasks now.
- Gary

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:19 pm

garyan2 wrote:
STC wrote:Going in under safe mode is a sure fire way of performing the task cleanly.
Looks to me like the only surefire way to perform Step 0 is to boot in safe-mode. There is no way I'm going to establish methods for every hardware/software combination out there to do this from the normal desktop.
I don't blame ya. Ideally I should be testing on a fresh box, however, my test box is modified with several tests.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Is it possible to install and run v0.9.0 / v0.9.1 and then restore the channel list xml created with MCL XL under v0.7.6?

Thanks!!
V0.9.1 is a drop-in replacement. You just need to copy the exe files into your existing directory. If you want to take advantage of the automatch, then you will have to open the GUI, check the box, and save. All done.

There are some improvements in the metadata with the inclusion of generic series descriptions, handling of Original Air Dates, added tracing to show any time discontinuities in the schedules ...
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:37 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:Is it possible to install and run v0.9.0 / v0.9.1 and then restore the channel list xml created with MCL XL under v0.7.6?

Thanks!!
V0.9.1 is a drop-in replacement. You just need to copy the exe files into your existing directory. If you want to take advantage of the automatch, then you will have to open the GUI, check the box, and save. All done.

There are some improvements in the metadata with the inclusion of generic series descriptions, handling of Original Air Dates, added tracing to show any time discontinuities in the schedules ...
AWESOME!

Nothing but to overwrite the *.exe.

What effect does checking the automatch box have on custom channel number mapping?

IDK if you recall, Gary, but SD / Zap2It has a mismatch with 737 and 738 on Charter in 92508 and I'd like to automatically pick that up when they fix it but could do it manually if needed.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:

Thanks!!

AWESOME!

Nothing but to overwrite the *.exe.

What effect does checking the automatch box have on custom channel number mapping?

IDK if you recall, Gary, but SD / Zap2It has a mismatch with 737 and 738 on Charter in 92508 and I'd like to automatically pick that up when they fix it but could do it manually if needed.
I would hold off using automatch until the lineup is corrected ... the automatch feature will keep moving the guide information back to the wrong channel on each update. I meant to put some logic in the automatch feature to cover your case, but would defeat some other features.
- Gary

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:54 pm

After logging in, there is an option to auto match channels on the left side. It's the last one in the list.
Sammy2 wrote:Just now looking through the updated instructions. It looks like the JSON dll is included now in the installation?

Thanks!