WMC not getting OTA channel, but TV can tune to channel

EmmyTheCat

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC not getting OTA channel, but TV can tune to channel

Post by EmmyTheCat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Hello all. Long time lurker.

I have WMC win 7x64 with a Clearstream 2V antenna and a DIAMOND ATI Theater 750 PCIE HD TV Tuner Card (http://www.diamondmm.com/tvw750pcie-dia ... -card.html) Installed in an HTPC.
Last year channel 29.2 came in, this is an alternate to the 4.2 channel. However the 29.2 is 1080i and the 4.2 is like 480p. The 29.2 came in better too. Something happened and now I don't receive 29.2 on the HTPC but I get it when I connect the antenna directly to the TV. The signal strength is about a 4 out of 5 according to WMC.

Also note I have two different TV's with two different antennas and they both get that channel without issue. For anyone interested here is my TVFool info http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapp ... ede9a7b723

The antenna is 30' above in the attic. I have always had a clear signal however I did move it a little. I have also reformatted the SSD and started fresh. Any ideas?

Arfer Daley

Post by Arfer Daley » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:03 pm

phew
i thought it was me but both my Freesat and Freeview pc tuner cards are not being populated with epg can anyone confirm it not a local thing
i am in UK north Yorkshire in media centre i am running windows 7pro 64Bit I downgraded from win 8.1 back too W7 Pro because i thought it was an issue with that both separate machines by the way
If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It

nomarky

Post by nomarky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:22 pm

I have the same issue, Hastings UK.

No guide data is being downloaded, tried re-running TV setup but still the same issue. Using a Netstream 4Sat with DVBLink software

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Bring up the guide and right click on the affected station. Then Edit channel/Edit sources.

Check that the sources are listed correctly and uncheck any that are wrong.

This problem happens often if there are repeaters in your area that you cant receive. There should be 1 source per tuner in your system. If there are more, that could be the problem.

Arfer Daley

Post by Arfer Daley » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:31 am

its the same issue we had at the backend of last year so i suppose its down to the suppliers again seems windows 10 has taken over the lives and all other systems can go too hell is my feeling as no media centre in w10 so too hell with it attitude
If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It

EmmyTheCat

Post by EmmyTheCat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:02 pm

What? I have guide data for the station (29.2) The problem is WMC does not display the station. But If I connect the Antenna directly to the TV bypassing WMC, it comes in fine.
Last edited by EmmyTheCat on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmyTheCat

Post by EmmyTheCat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:03 pm

dmagerl wrote:Bring up the guide and right click on the affected station. Then Edit channel/Edit sources.

Check that the sources are listed correctly and uncheck any that are wrong.

This problem happens often if there are repeaters in your area that you cant receive. There should be 1 source per tuner in your system. If there are more, that could be the problem.
I've checked this setting. I only have 1 tuner and it is listed for that channel.

Arfer Daley

Post by Arfer Daley » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

thanks for the info Emmy
tried your system I got a few doing it that way but could not get any of the HD channels to accept the listings in the end this morning I uninstalled WMC from programs & features I then went into the ehome folder and deleted a few leftover files rebooted reinstalled WMC rebooted again then set about starting up WMC
after it had finished I rebooted again then started to go thru the channel list which was missing a lot of info done a couple of downloads of EPG seemed too get better populated so I rebooted yet again and most of the info was their except for all the HD channels were blank however this time I was able to get the listings via the edit the only one I can't get listings for is 4Seven but not bothered about that so it's so far so good I know their was a lot of reboots poss. over kill but sometimes I find a reboot often helps when doing stuff like this now too tackle the Freesat Mc will try the same system
hope it helps someone we will see will keep ya informed
If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Several people have reported the same problem after the switch to Rovi. The only conclusion drawn was something that is downloaded in the guide is wrong, keeping the station from tuning.

Try manually adding the station. If you still cant tune it after manually adding it, I dont think it can be blamed on Rovi.

Arfer Daley

Post by Arfer Daley » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:36 pm

The only people I am blaming is Microsoft kicking all operating systems into touch for the sake of a nasty new operating system
If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It

Jason-R

Post by Jason-R » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 am

EPG working again for me as of this morning. Worth having a look at this Microsoft Connect Link, others are now reporting success.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/2269994

Arfer Daley

Post by Arfer Daley » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:18 pm

ok update my media centre on Freeview is now back to normal however my Freesat system was not so I hit it with a complete system reinstall +updates etc. I still had some channels missing so thanks to kingofsat was able to search transponders to obtain all hd channels all ok now all I have to do is wade thru and disabe all the useless dead channels Etc and rearrange so fingers crossed so happy days until the next time
If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It